[New] Space Launch System / Orion Discussion Thread

If that's the case, sit in the parking lot for a few minutes, if it goes at the start of the window, it'll be in orbit in <10 minutes.

Core MECO is at T +8:20, ICPS sep is at T+ 8:30. So watch on your phone.

Edited by tater

5 minutes ago, tater said:

If that's the case, sit in the parking lot for a few minutes, if it goes at the start of the window, it'll be in orbit in <10 minutes.

Core MECO is at T +8:20, ICPS sep is at T+ 8:30. So watch on your phone.

Yeah, that's the idea, but I was hoping for a larger screen...

22 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Yeah, that's the idea, but I was hoping for a larger screen...

Normally I'd be fine with a scrub, but the timing on this is not great, as it gets into September, weather will become a nontrivial concern I think.

Annoying patter (NSF, so...), but they have NASA camera feeds (wonder why the rest of us can't just look at those):

NASA stream no chatter right now, unsure when the clean feed is officially up (what I plan to watch).

Downside? Glorious 720p.

1080p has been common since SLS was started. It's not like they have not had time to catch up. Yeesh.

Weather forecast actually looks pretty horrid.

8 minutes ago, TKMK said:

How much longer are they predicting the hold to be?

:( Stupid storms

Pull up a weather radar page, and take a look.

https://www.wftv.com/weather/

Today (FL), Sept 2, and Sept 5.

That red X with a 70% chance of forming a tropical storm is not great for the next opportunity, though maybe the low N pulls it away from FL. Have to wait for it to form so the tropical storm people can show their models.

The NASA feed I posted above has no chatter except mission control PAO.

2 hours ago, tater said:

Downside? Glorious 720p.

1080p has been common since SLS was started. It's not like they have not had time to catch up. Yeesh.

Have you checked whether the image is actually crisper on the other channels? Might appear 1080p, but actual 1080p may only apply to the graphical elements, while the actual footage of SLS is still 720p.

3 minutes ago, intelliCom said:

Have you checked whether the image is actually crisper on the other channels? Might appear 1080p, but actual 1080p may only apply to the graphical elements, while the actual footage of SLS is still 720p.

NSF has their own cameras on site as well as access to engineering ground cameras, it is  higher quality

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.