What is more frowned upon?

Reinhart Mk.1

Also, have you tried any of the life support mods? I personally use USI Life Support and I cannot recommend it enough. Other than adding some new fun parts, it will also make you think twice about leaving your kerbals in space for too long. 

17 hours ago, Geonovast said:

That would be neat.  Since the basically functionality exists in the game already, it would probably help with the creation of the mod.

That said, I thought mods like this existed already?  Maybe I'm wrong.  I know there are warp-drive mods.

You've pretty much just described this:

On 8/1/2019 at 9:33 PM, Reinhart Mk.1 said:

I prefer making it there and back without refueling, I'm learning more about gravity assists so now it's less of an issue. But i agree :)

in my early KSP days, I used brute force (BF) to get where I wanted.  Now, I still do not avoid it, but I find that where I might BF a mission to start with, I try for each subsequent mission to try and add more logistics, science, options to each flight. The end result is that after a number of missions, I end up with a reasonably fun scenario.  Sadly, I don't typically share them.

By the community? Neither.

Some people take great pride in waiting 30+ years for the optimal encounter (or in some cases, a flyby that puts their AP/PE in the right place to theoretically get them to a 3rd body, in however many decades). This is a good demo of how minimal space vehicles can be if you have lots of time.

Other people take pride in orbital fuel depots, sometimes (but not always) supplied by tanker SSTOs that have no purpose other than to lift fuel to LKO.

Others build massive rockets because the game typically overfunds you anyway and maybe you just want to get there inefficiently but quickly because your time matters more than esoteric "how it should be done" criteria :)

None of these things are wrong or frowned on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.