The Upcoming Movies (and Movie Trailers) MegaThread!

StrandedonEarth

15 hours ago, TheSaint said:

On February 6, 2018, Disney announced that both Weiss and Benioff will write and produce a new series of Star Wars films after the finale season of Game of Thrones is completed, in 2019.[16]

Spoiler

la-163215-ca-0107-game-of-throne-02-kdm-tnk2-800x445.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Aniara.
A rather depressive movie about a huge space liner full of casual survivors from Earth which has collided with some debris and drifts away at 64 km/s speed instead of delivering the passengers to Mars.

Spoiler

A story of crashed hopes and degradation. Though not as inspiring as it could be awaited for.

• 2 weeks later...

Doom: Annihilation (2019)

(Spoilers)

Spoiler

No chainsaw.
No shotgun.
No double-barrel.
Maybe, it's BFG-9000 of course, but I don't see it.

Monsters. Beasts. EnemiesInvaders. Alternative contactors are not what I remember from Doom 1&2. Nothing even closely comparables. Just a mob of zombi-like mobs.

No lovely Doom skull-full level design.

Portals are beautiful. Want one for decorative purpose.

Edited by kerbiloid

10 hours ago, tater said:

They're doing it as a series of continuous shots.

Looks interesting, but if they're doing a "one shot one take" movie like one of the directors/producers says, why are there both night shots and day shots? Presumably most of it takes places during the day ("we needed clouds...."), but unless it's a 12+ hour film, there has to be a cut or a time jump in there somewhere.

Plot-wise it sounds like the last 15 minutes of Gallipoli just stretched out over two hours. I'll see it, because I'm an art film nerd and a war movie junkie, but I'm wondering if there's anything more to the plot than just that simple tension. 

Edited by Cydonian Monk

52 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

...if they're doing a "one shot one take" movie like one of the directors/producers says, why are there both night shots and day shots?

If I remember what I heard, it was described as both one shot and a series of long shots in the making-of video.1

What stood out to me was that someone said it was being done in real (or near-real) time.  Watching the trailer again, it looks like all the "night" shots could have been set in underground bunkers on the trenchline.  There's one part (0:52) where it looks like the character is moving through a dark tunnel towards a well-lit opening.

1"Filming was accomplished with long takes and elaborately choreographed moving camera shots to give the effect of one continuous take."

Saw the trailer to High Life yesterday.

It has a classic scifi feel to it as in it seems to involve at least some kind of science and paints a bleak picture of humans treating humans in pursuit of that science.

Also seems to be an example of constant thrust engines for gravity?

Lucy in the Sky trailer.

Looks like one more music video like Interstellar, but without black holes.

Batwoman

Why does the bat symbol beamed in the sky not differ from the Batman's one in particular details?

Edited by kerbiloid

18 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Lucy in the Sky trailer.

Looks like one more music video like Interstellar, but without black holes.

Saw that trailer in the theater. First thought it was about Sally Ride (because of the haircut), then that was clearly not the case. Decided it looked pretty awful well before the trailer was over.

I can't get her problem.
If she wants back to space, why not just install KSP like others do.

It would be a rather optimistic and inspiring movie if they play Kerbals on wall screens, not that drama.

Edited by kerbiloid

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

And then there's what looks like a sequel to Pearl Harbor...

I wish someone would bother to make battles look realistic. The shots in the trailer of the Devastator squadron (the man shown in that was Likely Ens Geo. Gay, VT-8, USS Hornet) show IJN ships a couple ship lengths apart.

At Midway the Kido Butai (Carrier forces) were in their standard array. CVs were ~7,000 meters apart in a rough square, each with a trailing guard Destroyer a few hundred meters behind (for picking up aircrews if there was a problem during flight ops, plus for added AAA). Off to the sides of the front of the CV box was a Cruiser on each side---15,000m to each side. Those had screening DDs with them.

So you might see a CV with a DD a few ship lengths behind., but the next ship in the shot should be 7km away, unless the next ship "nearby" is 15km away.

ijncvbg1941.JPG

(in the above image the squares are CVs spaced 7km apart. There are 6 because that's how they were arrayed for the Pearl Harbor attack. Only 4 CVs were at Midway, however.)

Later, after the VT attack when they were finally attacked by the dive bombers, they were mixed up from independent maneuver from the VT attacks, and had reformed in a rough line abreast formation (still with rough 7km spacing between CVs).

Grrr.

Edited by tater

Just watched the unshaved terminator trailer above.

Terminator-1,2: A man-like soldier or cyborg together with Sarah Connor helps the chosen boy
Terminator-3: A man-like cyborg together an elder girl helps the chosen drugman boy
Terminator/Chronicles of Sarah Connor: an elder-girl-looking cyborg together with Sarah Connor helps the chosen boy
Terminator-4,5,...: can't remember, a mind-saving amnesia protected my fragile mental constitution from that horror; something about Daenerys Targaryen hunting a naked virtual Schwartz after a helicopter was shot down by nuke; also there was a cross with Transformers.
Terminator/Dark Fate
: an elder-girl-looking cyborgirl together with Sarah Connor helps the chosen girl

I agree, John Connor was always unduly at that festival of life (maybe that's why he had problems with without drugs in T-3), so no extra part now, only necessary characters.
(Btw: is it now Joanne Connor?)

But the title needs an update.

Schwartzenator episodes of the saga were about Terminator.
Kristanna Loken was T-X, Terminatrix.

The new one is "I am human. Just enhanced."
So, she's a human terminatrix = Huminatrix.

Edited by kerbiloid

On 10/24/2019 at 11:24 PM, tater said:

No really an upcoming movie, but I watched Gallipoli mini series on Amazon Prime (it's included), and it was fantastic.

Saw that on my list and thought it was just the Mel Gibson movie (which was also good). Was this the series from a few years back? I'll give it a watch in a few days when baseball is done. 

15 minutes ago, Cydonian Monk said:

Saw that on my list and thought it was just the Mel Gibson movie (which was also good). Was this the series from a few years back? I'll give it a watch in a few days when baseball is done. 

It's a series from maybe 2015.