The Upcoming Movies (and Movie Trailers) MegaThread!

StrandedonEarth

Okay, this is a (apparently 10-part) mini-series, not a movie, but it would require at least a movie quadrilogy to do it justice. So I'd say it qualifies in this thread...

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/stephen-king/241516/the-stand-tv-series-release-date-cast-trailer-news

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1831804/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt

Yup, that right, Stephen King's epic The Stand is being made into another mini-series, to air on CBS's "All Access" streaming platform in 2020. Some eye-catching names in the cast include Whoopi Goldberg as Mother Abigail, and Marilyn Manson in an un-named role. Stephen King himself is on the writing team, and is said to have scripted a new ending...

Shooting has already started in downtown Vancouver, with the unusual warnings that "viewer discretion is advised" for anyone checking out the set, as it was apparently rather gory or otherwise.... disturbing... 

I shall be waiting for the trailer with bated breath. Hopefully it will be well done, and not another re-imagining like The Dark Tower was. Although that was hand-waved away as "the story as told /happened on another level of the Tower"

So, the Game of Thrones prequel "Smelly Barbarians vs Frozen Zombies In The Polar Night" (aka The Long Night) is officially cancelled and gives the way (and funds) to the ten-episode 300-years-before-the-GoT prequel about Targaryens and dragons "Already Funded Animated Dragons: Re-Animated".

With all that money spent for the 3d dragons development I guess the next prequel will be a crossover with Dynotopia.

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched the first episode. Premise is interesting for pushing the Space Race forward.

It's clearly gonna be very people focused, but not so far in a bad way. They're obviously heading towards an alternate astronaut core that is broader for the time period (women, etc). I was fully prepared to not like it at all, and with 1 ep watched, pretty decent.

On 11/10/2019 at 10:49 PM, tater said:

I've watched the first episode. Premise is interesting for pushing the Space Race forward.

I'm not sure what to think of FAMk just yet. I've enjoyed the first 4 episodes, but I'm really not sure where they're going with a couple things. Also interesting that many historical figures are present with their real names, others were sorta-renamed, while others are purely fictional wholesale replacements. I'm curious if that's an artifact of whatever event makes this an alternate history, or if the individuals themselves just didn't want to be involved in any way.

just got back from ad astra. it was a resounding meh. its sort of like how 2001 would have turned out without kubrick directing. i mean it had great visuals, but the plot was seriously lacking. slow pace and not as much action as the trailers would have you believe. little attempt at any kind of world building or character development. plot doesn't make sense at all.

Edited by Nuke

• 3 weeks later...

1982. Rambo: First Blood.
2019. Rambo: Last Blood.

Spoiler

2030. Rambo: Transfusion.
2040. Rambo: True Blood.

Upd.

Spoiler

2040 q4. Rambo: Moar Blood!
2050. Rambo Against Blade.
2055. Rambo Against Van Helsing.
2060. Daughter of Rambo. Rhumba Van Helsing.

Edited by kerbiloid

4 hours ago, KerbMav said:

I stayed away from spoilers - but is it meant to be Boba?

4 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Afaik, Boba & Yoda.

It's supposed to be set a few years after RotJ (which fits the stormtrooper style) so it's most definitely not  Boba or Yoda. Mandalorians appear to have their own cult/religion, all wearing the same style of armor...

17 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

So, Expanse season 4 has started.

i spent the last 10 or so hours watching it. its pretty good. lots of sub plots that were not in the book. stuff to set up the adaptations of the next four books. season 5 gonna be gud.

Edited by Nuke

The Witcher (series).

Of course, Vikings and Game of Thrones stuff and FX. It's normal, all of them are cosplayng Skyrim, so I'm fine with that.

But the cast is total miscast. Just total. Just miscast.
And tonnes of FX to hide that miscast under blur and glamour.

Especially the glamourous Geralt, of course, but others are not much better.

Old Polish Wiedźmin (2002) series and the nice new fanfic Pół Wieku Poezji Później (2019) are much, much better.
Even if in the former Geralt was absolutely not Geralt (but at least not glamourous), while the latter omits this character at all.
Jaskier is the same in both of them, btw.

Maybe in next episodes I'll get used, but currently it saddens me.
Why not make the characters like they look in the game?

P.S.
Pół Wieku Poezji Później contains a teaser at the very last seconds of the cast titles.
I hope, they will make moar.

Upd.
Finished watching.
Why did they make me see this slag?

Edited by kerbiloid

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cubinator said:

I think I found the movie to watch tonight:

that's a great movie, perfect plot and the action is ON POINT. and the acting is amazing, the characters are MINTY FRESH, and the CGI is as better as the CGI in 1998: a dank odyssey! :D

Edited by Dirkidirk