The Upcoming Movies (and Movie Trailers) MegaThread!

StrandedonEarth

(After their stupid locale protection had thought that I'm from Norway (idk, why, maybe accent), had taken a look.)

00:35 A sink for handwashing? They wash hands only when the station is rotating? A flow of water when they have several tonnes of it?

00:43. I don't say it's not normal when 4 or 5 engine jets are jetting from the end of a pressurized module equipped with radial CBM berthing ports... But...  Is it normal?!

01:02 Why is the meteor burning behind Kendrick?! Are they in atmosphere?!

01:07 What is the opened round hatch when the station modules are connected with CBM ? (See 01:19, they are).

A traditionally optimistic view at Cupola.
Holy Wood keeps thinking that it's a huge window for nostalgy and procrastination (see this movie, Life, etc.).
While the real one which is cramped like a junior coder's table in openspace office and has a narrow hatch.

Well, not worse than others.

On 3/28/2021 at 2:11 PM, kerbiloid said:

Godzilla vs Kong

An anti-scientific nonsense. How could an overgrown monkey fight a nucleosaurus?

On 3/28/2021 at 6:09 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

53j0ts.jpg

Yeah... please pass the popcorn, this will be me... lmao

:happy:

11 hours ago, Cydonian Monk said:

B-level monster movies

Honestly I think without the "it's obviously a miniature set" aspect of the old these movies loose some of the charms they once had.

Kind of interesting to note that the first meeting of those two was made by Toho, so in a sense we're seeing the reverse version of it. Would be interesting to compare the two I guess.

If Kong and Godzie are fighting like they are nearly equal in force and mass, and later they carry Kong by a ten or so helicopters, why not catch Godzilla same way?
And drop.

People are talking to Kong, looking directly in its eyes. That's wise, gorillas are fond of this.

Who wins: Godzilla or Evangelion things?
(Just anyway they have to rebuild Tokio after every visit of them, so why not try?)

• 2 weeks later...

The 5th season of Van Helsing is on.
Finally a sci-fi series after all those ridiculous  "for all man kinds".

And on the same page - Death Blood 4: Revenge of the Killer Nano-Robotic Blood Virus (2019).
Now am thinking...
What if apply a killer nano-robotic blood virus on those vampires? Will it help?

2 hours ago, tater said:

I watched the Netflix movie Scott Manley worked on.

It was OK.

The cycler was cool, but it had some issues. Maybe I will put them in the bad sci fi thread...

its just another lifeboat movie. it has 'pandemic movie' written all over it. all the recent movies have had this filmed in a tin can vibe (and not just the space movies). and honestly the film industry has been slipping even before the pandemic. 

still gets hard scifi cred, even if its a little sparse. 

Edited by Nuke

• 3 weeks later...

Oxygen (2021)

(Spoiler ahead.)

Spoiler

Happily, I usually start watching such movies from the very end: to understand if I want to follow the hero(ine)'s hopeless struggle.

(Spoiler ahead)

Spoiler

No. I don't.

At the very last minute they even show a Medusa spaceship, but just until a single pulse.
Then it disappears. Probably jumped, but so fast?

• 3 weeks later...

The Quiet Place 2 (2021).

Silly humans still keep not living next to rivers and not trapping the monsters for aspic.
Fools. Even hard to empathize them.

Btw, the humans should use rap for acoustic attack instead of whistling and music.
The rap would cause resonance in the monsters' ear chambers, optimized for normal, harmonic sounds.

Also, why do they not use places with echo to disorientate them?

Quiet Place + Bird Box should be sold on one DVD, I believe.

4 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

The Quiet Place 2 (2021).

I just saw this movie a day or so ago as the first movie I've seen in a theater since the start of the pandemic. Its totally the right kind of movie to go back and watch in the theaters. Very similar to the first, but different enough its not a total rehash and continues the same story trajectory set in the first, its an amazing sequel. 

The last movie I saw before the pandemic shut everything down was 1917, it was the right movie to take a break on as that was another cinematic level film that totally was worth seeing in the theaters.

PS. I go to a local theater that charges 5$ every Tuesday/Wednesday and has an amazing popcorn setup. I believe in supporting them even if it means paying for a 10$ popcorn bucket with a free refill I'll never use lol.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

F9. Fast & Curious.

The most beautifullest Charlize Theron hairdo/makeup since Monster.

Btw. as Theron is from South Africa, and probably speaks local Dutch, did the "Monster" mean "Example"?

Quiet Place 2 is nice, though the children are excessive. Stealing the Blunt time.

Still can't get, why they don't hunt/trap the monsters for aspic.

They are filming a thriller "Werehuahua".

Never thought about chihuahua at this angle...

Edited by kerbiloid

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Dammit I miss that guy. :-(

Yeah. We'd go see it in the theater tomorrow (assuming I can go like a rational human, which I think is possible), except we're going to a party. We might have another party Saturday, too... It;s only showing at 1 time per day at the place we like to go, though, so might have to wait for a weekday.

Regardless, it'll be sorta sad. Years ago we went to a book event dinner he did. Same restaurant we rented out to have our wedding reception, decent sized, but not huge. He gave a talk, then schmoozed around the different tables, sitting at each one and talking to everyone. Certainly an interesting guy, and seemed nice enough to hang with for a few minutes. His death really bummed me out.

Edited by tater

21 minutes ago, tater said:

Yeah. We'd go see it in the theater tomorrow (assuming I can go like a rational human, which I think is possible), except we're going to a party. We might have another party Saturday, too... It;s only showing at 1 time per day at the place we like to go, though, so might have to wait for a weekday.

Regardless, it'll be sorta sad. Years ago we went to a book event dinner he did. Same restaurant we rented out to have our wedding reception, decent sized, but not huge. He gave a talk, then schmoozed around the different tables, sitting at each one and talking to everyone. Certainly an interesting guy, and seemed nice enough to hang with for a few minutes. His death really bummed me out.

You know, my father committed suicide. It's the most selfish thing you can do. So, while my wife and I watched No Reservations and Parts Unknown religiously, I don't know. I still remember when we were all sitting in Noah's in Connecticut, on our big East Coast trip, waiting for our food to arrive, and I read the news on my phone that he had committed suicide. It was like a punch in the gut. I miss him, but I'm still liquided off at him. If I see him on the other side I'll probably punch him in the nose.