The Upcoming Movies (and Movie Trailers) MegaThread!

StrandedonEarth

• 2 months later...

Am I the only person who is excited to see this movie?

I have to admit this is probably the most Wes Anderson of trailers for a Wes Anderson movie. I wonder if those "aliens" they are talking about are Kerbals or know about the Kerbals. Regardless I am definitely seeing this movie. :cool:

2 hours ago, Jeb1969 said:

I have to admit this is probably the most Wes Anderson of trailers for a Wes Anderson movie. I wonder if those "aliens" they are talking about are Kerbals or know about the Kerbals. Regardless I am definitely seeing this movie. :cool:

But...where's Bill Murray?

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

But...where's Bill Murray?

Word is he fell under the weather during the early stages of this movie's production before they could start filming, so there was a last minute recast. Thankfully we still have Wes' other mainstays such as Jason Schwartzman, Willem Dafoe, and Tilda Swinton, but what is really amazing is the fact that this will be the first Wes Anderson movie for Tom Hanks and strangely enough Steve Carell.  I have a feeling this is going to be really good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not that an upcoming movie, but a pretty literal coincidence of irl and TV series.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-dairy-explosion-leaves-least-18000-cattle-dead-person-critically-injured

Approximately 18,000 cows were killed, and one person was critically injured, in an explosion at a dairy farm in the Texas Panhandle on Monday. 

"The speculation was probably what they call a honey badger, which is a vacuum that sucks the manure and water out and possibly that it got overheated and probably the methane and things like that ignited and spread out and exploded and the fire," Rivera told local outlet KSAT.

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

Season 1 finale.

Has it begun?

On 4/4/2023 at 3:17 PM, Jeb1969 said:

Ok - that looks awesome.  Also, totally off my radar, so thanks for posting! 

On 4/15/2023 at 12:10 PM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

Ok - that looks awesome.  Also, totally off my radar, so thanks for posting! 

No Problem, I am a huge Wes Anderson fan. I fell in love with his movies ever since I watched Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Grand Budapest Hotel, I love how his more recent live action films feel like they are made with a Super 8 camera. Especially Moonrise Kingdom. I always wondered what Wes' answer to the Sci-Fi genre would be like. Let me just say this is going to be awesome. 

1 hour ago, Jeb1969 said:

No Problem, I am a huge Wes Anderson fan. I fell in love with his movies ever since I watched Fantastic Mr. Fox and The Grand Budapest Hotel, I love how his more recent live action films feel like they are made with a Super 8 camera. Especially Moonrise Kingdom. I always wondered what Wes' answer to the Sci-Fi genre would be like. Let me just say this is going to be awesome. 

I enjoyed Grand Budapest  -- now I have to look up Mr. Fox!

3 minutes ago, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

I enjoyed Grand Budapest  -- now I have to look up Mr. Fox!

Fantastic. Mr Fox is really unique it is stop motion, what I love about it was Wes Anderson's amazing attention to detail and the colour palette Anderson uses it is wonderful. Wes Anderson movies are really good if you are tired of the (No offense) same force-fed commercialized films and are looking for something that feels like a work of art.  

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Just Jim said:

OK, let me be the first to say
WOW

Seconded. Can't wait for November.

In more current events, the boys and I went to see Dungeons & Dragons yesterday, and it did not totally suck.

Edited by TheSaint

This is on our must see list this summer. I'm gonna miss Tom Cruise, he really knows how to make a movie people want to watch.

(As a complete aside, when The Things and I were watching this trailer, I was all, "When I ran the GURPS Super-Spy campaign a couple years ago (which fell flat after a single adventure), this is what I was aiming for.")

On the slowly upcoming s2 of the Rings of Power...

The viewers blame the season 1 in depicting Galadriel as a hysterical, inadequate, unstable person.

But this girl is ~1400 years old.

She's a real Millenium Virgin.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like this one may have flown under the radar, so I'm going to drop it here for the mystery/thriller fans amongst us:

If anyone hasn't seen the latest series of Poirot movies starring Kenneth Branagh, they are excellent and I absolutely recommend them to fans of the mystery genre. This movie is (apparently) a loose adaptation of Halloween Party by Dame Agatha Christie, and will be in theatres as the spooky season begins to pick up steam. 

No idea how solid the science part will be, but I'm interested in seeing this. It looks like an original movie, and was written by the director and screenwriter of Rogue One, Gareth Edwards and Chris Weitz respectively. Edwards is directing as well.

Poster: 

Spoiler

official-poster-for-gareth-edwards-the-c

And if anything else

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...