The Upcoming Movies (and Movie Trailers) MegaThread!

StrandedonEarth

Stand (2020 series)

Previously it took for them four episodes to save the world.
Now they need nine. Because more  bed and dead scenes.

Looks like they decided to skip the beginning, as nobody needs an introduction these days.

The previous version looked more comfy for me, but this one is yet appropriate, too.

Edited by kerbiloid

On 12/16/2020 at 6:01 AM, kerbiloid said:

So, the Expanse season 5  has started.

watched the first 3 episodes.  you could say i was blown away by the time the 3rd one was over.

in a world where star trek discovery is spoon feeding plot crumbs, the expanse served up a 2 pound steak with a pound of bacon on top, with a potato and beans which also are loaded with bacon.

Edited by Nuke

Yeah, we watched the first episodes of The Expanse 5 last night too. Outstanding television. There were a couple of, "You know, they're being dumb," moments, but the show is so well written you don't really care.

18 hours ago, Nuke said:

in a world where star trek discovery is spoon feeding plot crumbs, the expanse served up a 2 pound steak with a pound of bacon on top, with a potato and beans which also are loaded with bacon.

You're making me hungry....

4 hours ago, TheSaint said:

Yeah, we watched the first episodes of The Expanse 5 last night too. Outstanding television. There were a couple of, "You know, they're being dumb," moments, but the show is so well written you don't really care.

You're making me hungry....

well "no monkey ever heated a frozen burrito" is kind of the theme for the whole series. 

probibly not helping with your hunger though, especially if that burrito is loaded with bacon. 

Disney Gallery: Star Wars: The Mandalorian.

It's a new level of cinematography.

There are already movies-about-movies, explaining "what have you just watched, and how (and why) did we film it".

This one is a series (8 ep.) on the same topic.
It now requires a whole another series to explain what it just was.

I guess, the next will be a series about series, in four seasons itself.

Then - who needs that series, just look what a nice studio do we have.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not upcoming, not new.

Youtube has the entire Tinker, taylor, soldier, spy BBC series available.

Same uploader has the rest. It was 7 parts, but compressed into 6 YT vids.

There was a movie maybe 10 years ago... yeah, no, watch this one instead, it's fantastic.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/terminator-anime-series-netflix-1234916466/

I heard about this and I'm sorry, I know there are anime fans here, but I was raised on Hanna Barbera and Looney Tunes, and my first reaction was just that Terminator anime was wrong. Just wrong. Like, no, Just no, no, no, noooooooooooo.

I mean, I suppose I could even see how it might be a good fit, but....

3d5.gif

On 2/27/2021 at 9:34 PM, kerbiloid said:

Where is the plushy muppet version of terminator?

i think you are on to something. id love to see 70s and 80s action movies performed with muppets. muppet death wish would be nice.  muppet aliens, muppet die hard. yea i would give real money to see that.

still haven't gotten around to watching farscape. 

Edited by Nuke

11 hours ago, Nuke said:

id love to see 70s and 80s action movies performed with muppets. muppet death wish would be nice.  muppet aliens, muppet die hard. yea i would give real money to see that.

Oh man.... Dirty Muppet Harry!

”Go ahead, make my day!..... But first, could you make me look more threatening? Please huh huh please?”

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tater said:

(technical advisor, Scott Manley)

Of course, that video won't play north of the 49th. But with that clue, I was able to find the movie and a trailer that plays here. Looks interesting

While researching Mr. Manley, I discovered he also consulted for Anne McCaffrey on a Pern novel. Also, "In recognition for his work as a popular science communicator, asteroid 33434 Scottmanley was named after him.[13"