[Taco=Sandwich spinoff] Is a gyro a taco?

Heliocentric

So, this is pretty much Taco=Sandwich, but instead of a sandwich, it's a gyro. Let's start with this off here with If a taco has meat, lettuce, sauce and a shell, and if a gyro has Pita (shell I guess) meat, sometimes lettuce and sauce, Is a gyro a taco and is a taco a gyro?

(I have very normal thoughts, also I swear to God I'm not high)

But a few more burning questions: Is a sandwich a taco? is a sandwich a gyro? Is a taco a gyro? Is a gyro a sandwich? Is a taco a sandwich? 

Edited by HelioCentric

3 hours ago, HelioCentric said:

Is a gyro a taco and is a taco a gyro?

No, and no.

Just because they are made from roughly the same ingredients, doesn't make them the same.  (Unless you think a hamburger patty and a prime rib roast are the same.)

3 hours ago, HelioCentric said:

Is a sandwich a taco? is a sandwich a gyro? Is a taco a gyro? Is a gyro a sandwich? Is a taco a sandwich?

Not necessarily, not necessarily, no, yes, and yes.

Edited by razark

Here's my take on this whole Taco-Gyro-Sandwich conundrum:

Since Tacos and Gyros both utilize flatbread they can somewhat be considered sandwiches.

Gyros unlike Tacos are typically cooked using a rotating spit.

However Taco Meat Can be Cooked on a rotating spit; it is known as Tacos al Pastor.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:37 PM, HelioCentric said:

Is a taco a gyro?

No!!! I love Gyro's... and tacos... but they are NOT the same.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:18 PM, HelioCentric said:

For those who do not know: Gyros are a Greek dish just look it up idk how to explain it maybe I'm about to get wooshed with this 

What he said...

I live just north of Tarpon Springs, Florida, famous for it's sponge docks... and it's food. The town has a huge Greek heritage and background, and the food along the waterfront and sponge docks is unreal... including the Gyros. I got really hooked on them when I moved down here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.