Mod to get the old Mobile Science Lab Back

kithylin

I miss the old science lab that all it did was give you +X% of science beyond what you could collect on your own. I need a mod to return the science lab to how it used to be years ago. Does anyone know of a mod to do that? The new science lab is stupid and I never use it because it's mostly useless now. I'm not going to re-visit a planet and refill the science lab every so often just to get a few more science out of it. 

8 hours ago, kithylin said:

I miss the old science lab that all it did was give you +X% of science beyond what you could collect on your own. I need a mod to return the science lab to how it used to be years ago. Does anyone know of a mod to do that? 

I think a mod that would do this turns the lab into a 'clean room' and 'analyser'.

The idea would be that the lab wouldn simply allow you to transmit the samples such as material bay, goo, and surface samples for their full value possibly after a certain time.  Not neccessarily for extra value.

The added benefit it should have should be that ONLY the lab can reset the material bay and goo i.e. you need a cleanroom such as lab to rest them properly.  Not scientists in the field.  Nullifying a scientist's ability is easy as it is part of the trait system and can be configured through a MM patch.

I too would like a standalone mod that adds this in.

In saying all this @kithylin, kerbalism's lab changes do what you ask this but the new 3.x version of kerbalism changes science significantly.

I think it would be great to have a mod that does this standalone though.

Please pick this up someone.  Peace.

5 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

just have to adjust the parameters in ModuleScienceConverter.

So that the science is not 'infinite'? 

Just now, theJesuit said:

So that the science is not 'infinite'? 

And can it be used to reset containers as well?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.