What are these green lines and how do i get rid of them?

They mark comms connections from your craft to the ground bases and relay satellites. You can switch to different comms views, using the little icon located on the top left of the screen.

They are quite handy, if you play with "connection required" on, as probe cores can only be controlled and science thingies can only transmit with established connections. Celestial bodies block connections and the quality of the connectIon is balanced between antenna strength and connection distance. Transmissions are also blocked by re-entry plasma generation, if the option is turned on.

Adds quite some planing beef to the game, if you choose to play with these options.

Hi :)  I was wondering if it might be a bug.  It only appeared after I applied the latest update to Interstellar extended.  The lines are all internal and appear on rockets planes... everything.  I am using quite a few mods, and am running in the latest windows version.  I might try removing the mod and doing a reinstall to see if that fixes it.  :)

2 minutes ago, gandt2 said:

I might try removing the mod and doing a reinstall to see if that fixes it.

I would see if you have the same issue with the mod cut and pasted out of the KSP install folder first. In the meantime I've moved your thread to technical support (modded, PC).

1 hour ago, gandt2 said:

I have tracked it down now to KerbalJointReinforcement.  Removing it fixes the problem. :)  I will try putting it back on whenever it is next update.  :)  Thanks all.

Which version of Kerbal Joint Reinforcement? ... tere are several different forks of it currently and actively maintained?

5 hours ago, gandt2 said:

I have tracked it down now to KerbalJointReinforcement.  Removing it fixes the problem. :)  I will try putting it back on whenever it is next update.  :)  Thanks all.

It looks like you downloaded the debug version of KJR Next.  Install the normal one.

Thanks guys :)  I worked it out.  In KJR there is an options menu.  It was in fact a visual of the autostruts.  There is an simple option to turn off the visual in the options menu.  :)

22 hours ago, gandt2 said:

Thanks guys :)  I worked it out.  In KJR there is an options menu.  It was in fact a visual of the autostruts.  There is an simple option to turn off the visual in the options menu.  :)

Because you installed the debug version.  If you install the regular version, there won't be anything to turn off.

You want the second option under assets.

Screenshotat20190725.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.