Yes, But actually No

CosmoCat

Hi, I'm CosmoCat, but you can just call me Cosmo --- I used to be a member of the forums, however that account is linked to older emails and such that I can't exactly remember the information to so here I am on a fresh account! I've been playing the game since maybe .18 (I believe that's how the format used to go for versions), and I'm coming back onto the scene in 1.7.3. I stopped playing the game for maybe a year or so, but out of nowhere recently I've been inspired to start playing it again. I just got the Breaking Ground update, and I'm ready to learn about everything I've missed!

3 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Welcome back, you're in for quite a journey. I can't think of an aspect of the game that hasn't drastically changed since 0.18. Kerbin exists. That's about the only thing that's the same.

So far the best part about the game is how much the stock parts have improved in general it seems. I like that there's actually customizable textures for the parts now. It lets me make my stages look different and lets the same rocket have a unique flare a few extra times if I have to re-use it. I could see myself using the metal texture of the larger tanks for fuel depots, for example, instead of flourescent orange tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Cosmo!

5thHorseman is right about the changes in KSP. For instance, the parts have been balanced and re-balanced a lot of times, so some old favorite parts of yours may work differently now than you'll remember.
And for sure, making crafts more pretty is easier now!