CurseForge not letting me pick KSP 1.7.3

Dunbaratu

This has been a problem before with CurseForge and I was wondering if them, or Squad, or Take 2, might have some idea how to get on top of this problem and keep it from happening again and again:

I just tried to update LaserDist to a new version, which I compiled for KSP 1.7.3.

CurseForge's interface when you upload a file refuses to let you type in your own free-form number for the KSP version - you must pick from the list.  But the list they give you is often out of date and wrong and prevents you from telling the truth.

Right now, the list they presented me doesn't go higher than KSP 1.7.1.  I compiled against KSP 1.7.3's DLL so I don't want to make the claim that it's for version 1.7.1 when it's not.  But I have to.  I am forced to "lie" by claiming it's for KSP 1.7.1 instead of 1.7.3 by the interface, or I cannot finish uploading the file.

This has happened before with patch releases not showing up in the list on CurseForge, several times, until weeks later.

4 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

This has been a problem before with CurseForge and I was wondering if them, or Squad, or Take 2, might have some idea how to get on top of this problem and keep it from happening again and again:

I just tried to update LaserDist to a new version, which I compiled for KSP 1.7.3.

CurseForge's interface when you upload a file refuses to let you type in your own free-form number for the KSP version - you must pick from the list.  But the list they give you is often out of date and wrong and prevents you from telling the truth.

Right now, the list they presented me doesn't go higher than KSP 1.7.1.  I compiled against KSP 1.7.3's DLL so I don't want to make the claim that it's for version 1.7.1 when it's not.  But I have to.  I am forced to "lie" by claiming it's for KSP 1.7.1 instead of 1.7.3 by the interface, or I cannot finish uploading the file.

This has happened before with patch releases not showing up in the list on CurseForge, several times, until weeks later.

There used to be a couple of liason people for Curse on these forums but I don't know Curse currently has anyone active here.

I'd send feedback to CurseForge directly and tell them it needs updating.

10 hours ago, Steven Mading said:

Well what you can do is mention in the log it was compiled against KSP 1.7.3 and in the name of the file you explicitly mention ""for KSP 1.7.3) That way it is clear for everyone what they are downloading

THat's what I always do and once it becomes possible to select 1.7.3 I simply edit old download and retarget them

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.