Last Time you felt "wow am I so old?"

JERONIMO

What was the last time you had the "I'm so old?" Effect. For whom who don't understand, the "I'm so old?" effect is an effect when you look at something and realize how old you are.

My last time when KSP 1.2 was released (AND DON'T BOTHER SAYING IT'S NOT A LOT OF TIME).

Replaying and old Need for Speed title from 2004 (Underground 2). Before EA went south, one of the last good NFS games.

I played the game as a child on the PS2 and it was so frustrating sometimes! I never finished it, mostly because my console gave up. Now I played through the entire game on hard difficulty in 4 days with barely any problems.

Runs surprisingly well on a modern machine.

Whenever I go to a museum and see toys and household items that I remember as everyday things when I was young.  Mind you, at my age I see things every day to remind me of the passage of time.

49 minutes ago, StrandedonEarth said:

Also, they played a song on the radio they called ‘vintage,’ which I still consider new(ish), but I don’t recall the title 

"Here's an oldie from some weird alt-rock group named Nirvana called 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'." 

That was my first "THAT'S NOT OLD YA KID GET OFF MY AIRWAVES" radio moment, and that was maybe five years ago. "Nevermind" is 28 years old.

8 minutes ago, benzman said:

Whenever I go to a museum and see toys and household items that I remember as everyday things when I was young.

I was going to post an image of the styrofoam McDonalds boxes I found on display in the Smithsonian, but Imgur doesn't want my business anymore so you'll just have to imagine it:

<insert mental image of two styrofoam quarter-pounder and filet-o-go-fish boxes here>

In other "wow am I so old" news, I remember when Imgur still allowed you to upload images without using their app. 

Edited by Cydonian Monk

1 minute ago, Cydonian Monk said:

"Here's an oldie from some weird alt-rock group named Nirvana called 'Smells Like Teen Spirit'." 

yeah, it was something from that era/age/epoch, probably a little newer than that (not much). I'm sure it was on one of the "Big Shiny Tunes" CDs that were popular back then

On 7/25/2019 at 10:40 PM, StrandedonEarth said:

When I started seeing grey in my beard...

I got my first gray/grey hairs in puberty.

Seeing my grandfather I will be completely white but keep all my hair up till my late 70s at least.

And yeah, I always feel old when I relate to younger guys somewhat and realise I am almost twice their age already ...

I always thought that 30 years is far. But now I'm 29. :D

Sometimes I notice that my life changes and my interests are different. For example, I don't listen to SOAD for hours like in 14.

100 years of life doesn't sound scary, but 5000 weeks does. The week is a very small amount of time, and we have only 5000 in our life.

5 hours ago, Luch said:

100 years of life doesn't sound scary, but 5000 weeks does. The week is a very small amount of time, and we have only 5000 in our life.

For me, I feel like there's a pretty good chance I'm either 1/5 - 1/4 through (if I live a long healthy life) or 1/2 through (if I die on Mars).

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.