KSP Enhanced Edition patch 7 is live!

Hello everyone! 

A new patch for Kerbal Space Program: Enhanced Edition is live!

This patch contains bug fixes and improvements, particularly regarding performance optimization, among other things!

If you want to continue helping us out by providing us with feedback and bug-reports, you can do so through our Bugtracker.

Check out this patch's Changelog for further details:

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition 01.07

+++Improvements
*Improved performance when scrolling through the Parts List in the VAB/ SPH.
*Reduced frame rate drop in the VAB/SPH when pointing the camera to specific areas.
*Optimized code for the green Marquee highlight.
*Reduced hitches while editing fairings in the editors.
*Fixed memory leaks.

+++Bugfixes
*Fixed category with names missing space when filtering parts by resources in the VAB.
*(Xbox) Fixed buttons not working in main controller when two controllers are connected.
*Fixed subassemblies menu appears briefly after reverting to the VAB/ SPH during
gameplay.
*Fixed RB+Y can't be used to focus on the tutorial window while in cursor
mode.
*Fixed incorrect button prompt in the 'Getting Started and Basic Construction' tutorial.
*Fixed camera rotating when opening the UI Region Selector in Flight Mode using the Simplified Preset during gameplay.
*Fixed title hitching when reverting vessels to the VAB.
*Fixed user losing functionality when double clicking a vessel while the "Change Flag" screen is open in the Runway or the Launch Pad.
*(Xbox) Fix Toggle Sites icon in the Tracking Station not displaying correctly.
*Fixed Altimeter region stops responding when navigating to the top of the region while flying in Simplified mode.
*Fixed multiple maneuver nodes can be placed around in Map using Left or Right on D-Pad.
*Fixed title becomes unresponsive when using the Cheats window to set the player's orbit to "0".

+++ 31/06/19 Hotfix
*fixed performance issue

Thank you and happy launchings!

Good News. Performance is indeed a problem. I´d love to see this thing using the extra power of the X somehow. I don´t even dare dreaming about 4K support but at least it could use the "Extra Terra Flip Flop Super Charge" the Microsoft salesman promised was in this little box full of miracles, ferry dust and dwarf feces. 

...unfortunately it apparently destroyed my savegame or maybe it destroyed just the whole game itself. I can´t visit my flag sites anymore, instead it generates an eternal loading screen loop, in the VAB the camera just quits it´s work randomly but hey I was rewarded with the "Mun Rover" Achievement even though I never ever had anything similar to a rover somewhere in this game. None of my vehicles had actually tires so far, I guess that´s kind of a key element for a rover isn´t it? So everything about this update is weird but the fact that it really seems to improve performance a bit. Do I really have to start over again? And even more important, will this do the trick?

Congratulations: Your "patch" has managed to make my saved games totally unplayable! When trying to load into a ship from the tracking station it takes a veerrrrryy looooonnngg timmmme toooooo loooaaaaaddd, and when it finally does, the framerate is around 1 FPS. Not even exaggerating here. The cursor will not come up... The pause menu will not come up... When I tried to load a flag site, it wouldn't even load. It just hangs up on the black loading screen with the sound of continuous explosions in the background. This is not my idea of "enhancing fun factor". Once again, the question arises as to whether this was even tested before release. Was it?? Because it seems like something so obvious as 1 FPS and no cursor or pause menu would have gotten noticed.

UPDATE: I have found a few workarounds for those having issues...

•  The slow loading seems to be caused by having a FLAG in visual range. If you delete all flags in sight of anywhere you want to go to, the FPS problem goes away.
  •  The PAUSE MENU can be brought up by using the XBOX HOME button. You will then have to press the HOME or B button to get back to the game.
  •  When in vehicle assembly, the camera controls will lock up if you have left an extra info tab open on any part. Select a part and hit X to close the info tab and the camera should work again.
  •  I have also noticed that you can't switch vessels by using LB + D-PAD <> any longer. You have to switch vessels on the MAP screen, which is really a pain when the ships are close together. In this case, you will need to go back to the tracking station and select your preferred vessel there. (note: last night while cruising to Minmus, the LB + D-PAD started working again. not sure why...)

I hope this helps folks who are stuck "flying a desk". I'll let you know if I figure out any more tricks.

Edited by BALOK
updated info

32 minutes ago, BALOK said:

Congratulations: Your "patch" has managed to make my saved games totally unplayable! When trying to load into a ship from the tracking station it takes a veerrrrryy looooonnngg timmmme toooooo loooaaaaaddd, and when it finally does, the framerate is around 1 FPS. Not even exaggerating here. The cursor will not come up... The pause menu will not come up... When I tried to load a flag site, it wouldn't even load. It just hangs up on the black loading screen with the sound of continuous explosions in the background. This is not my idea of "enhancing fun factor". Once again, the question arises as to whether this was even tested before release. Was it?? Because it seems like something so obvious as 1 FPS and no cursor would have gotten noticed.

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/ - the place to go to submit a report for this to be fixed in the next patch or update

32 minutes ago, BALOK said:

Congratulations: Your "patch" has managed to make my saved games totally unplayable! When trying to load into a ship from the tracking station it takes a veerrrrryy looooonnngg timmmme toooooo loooaaaaaddd, and when it finally does, the framerate is around 1 FPS. Not even exaggerating here. The cursor will not come up... The pause menu will not come up... When I tried to load a flag site, it wouldn't even load. It just hangs up on the black loading screen with the sound of continuous explosions in the background. This is not my idea of "enhancing fun factor". Once again, the question arises as to whether this was even tested before release. Was it?? Because it seems like something so obvious as 1 FPS and no cursor would have gotten noticed.

Before you delete all your savegames (like me) This doesn´t change anything. Same issues, even worse since the tracking station doesn´t work unless you have any missions ongoing which you don´t when starting a new career

On 7/25/2019 at 4:44 PM, UomoCapra said:

*(Xbox) Fix Toggle Sites icon in the Tracking Station not displaying correctly.

:D I´m so happy this issue which I never ever experienced is finally fixed, even though nothing else in this building is therefore working anymore, this was important. I actually had none of those "fixed" issues or they have been so marginal that I can´t remember anymore. There was actually only one thing to really improve and this was performance during flight and memory management. Now that you perfectly destroyed the whole game, can we expect a fix? The game´s on XBO sale, do you believe those potential new customers you gain just in this moment will be pleased with a brand new game not working?  

21 hours ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/ - the place to go to submit a report for this to be fixed in the next patch or update

Yes, thank you. I am aware of that. My goal here is to vent my frustration at getting boned once again. The game has been functioning very nicely since the last update/expansion, and it's frustrating to have it all go to crap with this new "patch". Now, we need to wait (Spock knows how long...) for another "patch" to fix this one, and probably introduce some new bugs while they're at it! It's been a vicious cycle, going back to the "Frying Tyger" edition.

Edited by BALOK
correct spelling

Well at least this explains why all of a sudden I was getting 1 FPS when trying to load into one of my rovers, or to launch from KSC. Since I have a flag at both locations. Now if only I hadn't erased most of my saves and gave up and started another to have the same thing happen on my third vehicle launch(I had planted a flag at KSC the vehicle before)

1 hour ago, avengerki said:

Well at least this explains why all of a sudden I was getting 1 FPS when trying to load into one of my rovers, or to launch from KSC. Since I have a flag at both locations. Now if only I hadn't erased most of my saves and gave up and started another to have the same thing happen on my third vehicle launch(I had planted a flag at KSC the vehicle before)

Do you play Career or Science mode? Since I just found out that it apparently makes a difference. In Science mode [the tracking station works normal from the beginning<-*edit* forget that just found it not working again for whatever reason] and Kerbals in VAB do not cause any lag when turning the cam towards the floor [*edit* that remains true and weird. It´s like the game saying "Hey look how awesome I could be if I just want to"] .

It still doesn´t load flag sites and more I don´t know but at least I can tell it´s not as completely broken as Career mode. If it was only the flag site loading issue and the rest would work fine with an even better performance I´d even consider it als playable. But I´m not at the point I can completely confirm that.

Edited by HUG

3 hours ago, avengerki said:

Yeah, I always have a flag planted at the west end of the runway at KSC. I use it as a kind of ILS when making an approach to the runway. (BTW; adding a true ILS to the runway would be awesome...) This is how I realized that the flag was the issue. When I loaded an unmanned probe and rover at Eeloo, the framerate issue was solved (unmanned = no flags). When I tried to launch from KSC the framerate dropped to about 0.5 FPS. Same thing with anywhere there was a flag. So, I deleted the flag at KSP and, BINGO! No more lag at the launchpad! :kiss: I guess I'll have to do without flags for the time being. :huh:

4 hours ago, BALOK said:

Yeah, I always have a flag planted at the west end of the runway at KSC. I use it as a kind of ILS when making an approach to the runway. (BTW; adding a true ILS to the runway would be awesome...) This is how I realized that the flag was the issue. When I loaded an unmanned probe and rover at Eeloo, the framerate issue was solved (unmanned = no flags). When I tried to launch from KSC the framerate dropped to about 0.5 FPS. Same thing with anywhere there was a flag. So, I deleted the flag at KSP and, BINGO! No more lag at the launchpad! :kiss: I guess I'll have to do without flags for the time being. :huh:

I started to use these after the flags that I was using for ILS kept getting knocked over and destroyed by the exhaust of my larger crafts.

Edited by Chryssalid 8492

14 hours ago, HUG said:

Do you play Career or Science mode? Since I just found out that it apparently makes a difference. In Science mode [the tracking station works normal from the beginning<-*edit* forget that just found it not working again for whatever reason] and Kerbals in VAB do not cause any lag when turning the cam towards the floor [*edit* that remains true and weird. It´s like the game saying "Hey look how awesome I could be if I just want to"] .

It still doesn´t load flag sites and more I don´t know but at least I can tell it´s not as completely broken as Career mode. If it was only the flag site loading issue and the rest would work fine with an even better performance I´d even consider it als playable. But I´m not at the point I can completely confirm that.

I play career mode. Although with the number of times I have restarted within the same career game I should probably do science, but I like career mode. I keep restarting because I will start having a really crowded kerbin space and too lazy to clear it by deorbiting things. One of these days I will make it to Duna, I was 45 days out this time when I ran into the flag issue and deleted the saves thinking they got corrupted. I do have to say they each time I restart I get my craft more and more optimized parts wise.

3 hours ago, avengerki said:

I play career mode. Although with the number of times I have restarted within the same career game I should probably do science, but I like career mode. I keep restarting because I will start having a really crowded kerbin space and too lazy to clear it by deorbiting things. One of these days I will make it to Duna, I was 45 days out this time when I ran into the flag issue and deleted the saves thinking they got corrupted. I do have to say they each time I restart I get my craft more and more optimized parts wise.

Me either plays only career mode. Even though I sometimes think it could be a good idea to switch over to Science mode, as soon I do so I find myself bored and unmotivated for some reason and after a couple of wasted hours going back to Career mode. Unfortunately I have to start over andover again after a patch gets released because so far always things were messed up and I deleted any savegame just to be sure it´s not somehow my fault but it never was and this ridiculous new issues really went through the quality management of either the devs and Microsoft. So I probably will never make it to Duna unless they decide after they fixed the mess just not to touch the game anymore and go over to program KSP 2 using the Unreal 4 engine :wink:

13 hours ago, Chryssalid 8492 said:

I started to use these after the flags that I was using for ILS kept getting knocked over and destroyed by the exhaust of my larger crafts.

Nice! Yeah, my flags sometimes get blown over if I come in low for a landing. I just kept moving the flag back 10 meters west whenever that happened, and eventually I found the sweet spot about 50 meters back from where the incline starts up to the tarmac. I like your solution though. I might try that, now that flags are wonky. Maybe a Stayputnik probe core with antennae dropped off by a rover would do the trick? Hmmnn...  gettin' ideas here! :cool:

21 hours ago, BALOK said:

Nice! Yeah, my flags sometimes get blown over if I come in low for a landing. I just kept moving the flag back 10 meters west whenever that happened, and eventually I found the sweet spot about 50 meters back from where the incline starts up to the tarmac. I like your solution though. I might try that, now that flags are wonky. Maybe a Stayputnik probe core with antennae dropped off by a rover would do the trick? Hmmnn...  gettin' ideas here! :cool:

But you actually know that you can simply create and name a waypoint via KerbNet for navigation, do you? 

10 hours ago, Homedawgian said:

Stop releasing updates without doing QA, please. I’m honestly beginning to feel embarrassed for you guys and I mean that with no disrespect.

LOL, welcome to the crap we've been putting up with on PC for years.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 7:44 AM, UomoCapra said:

[moderator snip - something went wrong with the formatting.]

I know u and ur co-workers get this all the time about the enhanced edition and yall probably don't know the answer due to multiple companies involved in KSP Enhanced Edition but I would like to ask if ksp enhanced edition will ever b able to have downloadable craft kinda like steam , that would b awesome. In conclusion if ur not sure how to answer could u do me a favor and put my suggestion in the suggestion box.

Thanks,

Josh.

Edited by Vanamonde

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...