Posted (edited)

Not the birthday party kind- but the dirigible kind!  We could design a floating- neutrally buoyant- base for drifting around Eve, Duna, or Laythe!  Perhaps even an electric pump part that would need to be powered by electricity- and reserve tanks that could pump the gas from themselves to the balloon part to control buoyancy.  Kind of an inflate to rise, deflate to lower deal.  Any takers?  :) 

*Edit:  How about we also tie in ISRU- with a special tiny converter that only creates gasses: one for each of the atmospheric types.  Just in case you need to top off the tanks.

Edited by Lazarus MonkeyMan

Having just base jumped my scientist Bob Kerman from the top of the VAB, I'm ready to leap from a high altitude balloon platform shouting "Excelsior" while saluting Colonel Joseph W. Kittinger.

9 hours ago, Mr_DooBee said:

Having just base jumped my scientist Bob Kerman from the top of the VAB, I'm ready to leap from a high altitude balloon platform shouting "Excelsior" while saluting Colonel Joseph W. Kittinger.

just looked the guy up - must have been pretty sizable ballons to offset the ball(s) size...

(you can see he has his own special red box for them:)

Kittinger-jump.jpg

Bit late to the party. I've been asking for stock airship pieces for seven years.

Frankly, I'm astonished we don't have them yet.

12 hours ago, JMBuilder said:

Bit late to the party. I've been asking for stock airship pieces for seven years.

Frankly, I'm astonished we don't have them yet.

have you tried capital letters and exclamation marks ?.