[1.8.x] DE_IVAExtension - For All the Stock Pod IVAs!

DemonEin

This is a great mod.  You have rescued the stock pods and made them relevant for near future missions, particularly all-IVA missions.  The MK1-3 pod is especially well done.  My eyes popped when I first opened it on the launchpad.  It is well organized, includes everything you  need, and just as importantly ergonomic; it's all right at eye level.

Thank you for taking the time to create this excellent and useful mod..

13 hours ago, SimonTheSkink said:

Is there any external ship cameras that work for this mod?

RasterPropMonitor adds a nice external camera, this mod doesn't work without RPM so you should already have one. If you need more just look for parts that have a JSIExternalCameraSelector module (it's shown in part description in the editor)

8 hours ago, Manul said:

RasterPropMonitor adds a nice external camera, this mod doesn't work without RPM so you should already have one. If you need more just look for parts that have a JSIExternalCameraSelector module (it's shown in part description in the editor)

Huh I didn't know that, I'll take a look later tonight. Thanks!

2 hours ago, SimonTheSkink said:

Huh I didn't know that, I'll take a look later tonight. Thanks!

If the camera does not appear in the partlist it's because it uses a stock model of a linear RCS port and it has been moved to another folder in 1.7
So you need to open part config and change path from "Squad\Parts\Utility\linearRCS\Model.mu" to "\Squad\Parts\Utility\linearVernorRCS\Assets\linearRCS.mu"

On 8/12/2019 at 11:04 AM, SimonTheSkink said:

Is there any external ship cameras that work for this mod?

Take a look at Hullcam VDS. It adds a bunch of cameras, and it's a mod I personally use in conjunction with this one.

Sidenote, I've been delayed from making progress for a bit, but soon I'll be able to fix the major bug I'm aware of and look at doing the DLC pods;)

Edited by DemonEin

7 hours ago, DemonEin said:

Take a look at Hullcam VDS. It adds a bunch of cameras, and it's a mod I personally use in conjunction with this one.

Sidenote, I've been delayed from making progress for a bit, but soon I'll be able to fix the major bug I'm aware of and look at doing the DLC pods;)

Tried that one, crashed my whole game with a mono.dll error.

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What version of the game, and which version of the mod did you try?

KSP: 1.7.3.2594

HullCameraVDS.V0.52

Ah there is the problem, I accidentally stumbled on the original creators page instead of the one you maintain. My bad.

This is the mod that finally got me to try out IVA and I don't think I'll ever look back. Mun orbit in my first session, and Apollo-style Mun landing next!

The only thing I feel is missing from an IVA-only career playthrough is I like using the Vostok/Voskhod parts from Making History. If those were in, I think I'd spend most of my Kerbal time in this mod.

On 8/2/2019 at 1:59 PM, boofzilla said:

In the Mk2 Lander Can, a majority of the top rows of buttons on the console monitors won't function. For the leftmost screen, only the Altitude, Target/DPAI, Nav 1/2, and MechJeb/Astrogator buttons will work. But for the MJ/AG button, I need to click on the lower half of the button, the whole one won't function. Outside of those 4, no other top row buttons will function. On the right side, not even those 4 will work. However, all of the bottom row buttons work, for both monitors.

Fixed in version v.1.0.2, just released! Thanks, and have fun!

19 hours ago, MiniGoose said:

How do I intall it?

Check the readme on GitHub.

40 minutes ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Is this functional in 1.6.1? I haven't transferred my progress over yet and my main career save is in 1.6.1.

I think it should. It won't do anything to saves, so there is no risk in trying it at least. Let me know how it goes!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.