[1.8.x] DE_IVAExtension - For All the Stock Pod IVAs!

DemonEin

7 hours ago, Silent1_87 said:

my electric power score display shows 0 while i have solar panels and fuel cells am i missing something maybe some mod

game version 1.8.1 with breaking ground and mods i have a lot of them like kerbalism, near future electric  dynamic battery storage and so on idont know which ones r relevant 

Technically this is an RPM issue, and I believe it doesn't support Kerbalism. Kerbalism changes the way electricity works which breaks RPM's electricity indicators.

48 minutes ago, DemonEin said:

Technically this is an RPM issue, and I believe it doesn't support Kerbalism. Kerbalism changes the way electricity works which breaks RPM's electricity indicators.

Do you think it’s RPM or ASET?  If you have more details about the problem feel free to open an issue on my RPM fork. I’ve never used kerbalism myself but it’s probably not hard to fix.

On 1/3/2020 at 11:13 AM, JonnyOThan said:

Do you think it’s RPM or ASET?  If you have more details about the problem feel free to open an issue on my RPM fork. I’ve never used kerbalism myself but it’s probably not hard to fix.

To be honest I don't know. I could very well be an ASET issue instead. I don't know enough about the inner workings of RPM and RPM-enabled props to really say.

Hi I'm experiencing some problems but I don't know if its specific to this mod, the other mods or if its the fact I maybe incorrectly installed something?. When selecting Attitude some of the numbers on-screen appear to be in the wrong place, DPA appears upside down and so does vessel viewer. Selecting vessel viewer also makes makes the game laggy. Nav1/2 doesn't work and just gives me a white screen. Also depending if iv'e selected Nav1/2 or not, Vessel viewer will flip on-screen. Orbit+Map/Map also gives me a white screen.

Any help will be very much appreciated, thank you.

x36Clcu.jpg

1 hour ago, 3lectric said:

Hi I'm experiencing some problems but I don't know if its specific to this mod, the other mods or if its the fact I maybe incorrectly installed something?. When selecting Attitude some of the numbers on-screen appear to be in the wrong place, DPA appears upside down and so does vessel viewer. Selecting vessel viewer also makes makes the game laggy. Nav1/2 doesn't work and just gives me a white screen. Also depending if iv'e selected Nav1/2 or not, Vessel viewer will flip on-screen. Orbit+Map/Map also gives me a white screen.

Check your RPM installation. The most current version for RPM is the one adopted by @JonnyOThan in this thread. Install that one if you currently have the old RPM installed. If you have the new one installed, try the old RPM found in this thread. Try both and let me know what happens. I don't think it would be an issue, but you should uninstall all other mods that are not dependencies of this mod or RPM before trying different RPM versions.

As for vessel viewer lag, that's something I have experienced myself, and just seems to be what happens when viewing complex ships.

Let me know what happens ;)

1 hour ago, 3lectric said:

What version of KSP are you on?
This sounds like some of the bugs that cropping up in older versions of RPM. vOv

@DemonEin since RPM has been officially adopted by the awesome user JonnyOThan, mebbe you should update your OP, to head off these RPM issues, most likely from using incompatable versions with KSP 1.7.+ & 1.8.+ ... vOv

Mebbe something like:

For KSP 1.8.+:

[1.8.x] - RasterPropMonitor (adopted)

For KSP 1.7.3 and older:
RasterPropMonitor v0.30.6

Edited by Stone Blue

On 8/3/2019 at 7:48 AM, DemonEin said:

Thanks for the report, I appreciate it. After the weekend I'll be able to take a look at it and make a fix. If you're curious, he is what's going on (almost certainly):

Every (stock) IVA has a number of colliders that, when double clicked, move the camera to another angle. Those buttons don't work because there is camera trigger collider on top of the button collider, which means when you click you will activate the camera trigger instead of the button (of course, the camera will only change if you double click). As you can imagine, this can be a real issue when making IVAs. Removing the window camera modules is exactly what I tried to do to fix this, but it seems that the colliders are still there even after removing the trigger modules (you should find that the camera angle won't switch anymore, though). Currently I have no idea where the collider information is stored in the game files, so I've simply been working around it. For each IVA I tried to check if I would have collider issues, but I guess I missed this one. To fix the Mk2 Lander Can, I will have to move things around so that there is nothing interactive under the camera trigger colliders. I think™ it can be done reasonably cleanly.

Also, for anyone hoping for Making History IVAs, I'll do those too :D. I'm thinking I might try basing the IVAs off their historical counterparts instead of my previous style, really I won't know what will work best until I get down to it. If you have any thoughts let me know!

Are MH-Pods still a thing?(Don't want top put pressure on you,just curious:wink:)

17 hours ago, 3lectric said:

Selecting vessel viewer also makes makes the game laggy. Nav1/2 doesn't work and just gives me a white screen.

Somewhere in the VesselViewer menus you can change the latency mode, which controls how often it redraws.  This can help a lot with performance.  Eventually I want to investigate why it's slow and do something about it, because it bugs the crap out of me too.

The SCANsat integration has some bugs (on the SCANsat side as far as I can tell).  I'll try to get around to these eventually too.  I think this might be the issue if you want to track it: https://github.com/S-C-A-N/SCANsat/issues/359

Hi again, my problem has been solved, turns out I installed the wrong version of RPM. I didn't know there was a new version but you helped to point me to it. Everything now works perfectly. :)

Just wanted to give you a massive thank you for your help and for creating/maintaining this awesome mod! 

7 hours ago, rettter3 said:

Are MH-Pods still a thing?(Don't want top put pressure on you,just curious:wink:)

At this point, with KSP 2 around the corner, I am not developing any new content since it would lose relevance pretty soon. I was going to, but that was just before KSP 2 was announced. I'll keep maintaining what I have though;)

On 1/3/2020 at 10:24 AM, DemonEin said:

This bummed me out to read, since I love using the RPM+ASET IVAs that have been built---but:

Is this still true? I swear I'm using a "full" Kerbalism setup, and able to see EC levels reflected properly in all the ASET props and RPM resource screens in multiple cockpits. Ironically, I've not installed yours yet, so maybe I should hold my tongue for a moment. :)

6 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Is this still true? I swear I'm using a "full" Kerbalism setup, and able to see EC levels reflected properly in all the ASET props and RPM resource screens in multiple cockpits

I've confirmed the issue, though it might not affect you much.  The EC *levels* are correct, but the "flow rate" for various sources displayed in a specific prop will not be correct if you are using Kerbalism.  Details here: https://github.com/JonnyOThan/RasterPropMonitor/issues/4

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

I've confirmed the issue, though it might not affect you much.  The EC *levels* are correct, but the "flow rate" for various sources displayed in a specific prop will not be correct if you are using Kerbalism.  Details here: https://github.com/JonnyOThan/RasterPropMonitor/issues/4

Aha! -- okay. I've just not encountered this specific aspect *yet* -- simply putting a cockpit on the runway and using reaction wheels, etc. was showing the flow gauges and totals were operating fine, but I haven't done anything with fuel cells, solar, etc. yet. Kerbalism is doing all its own tracking, so that prop is fairly cosmetic, but I wonder if a tiny change to *not* dump ModuleDeployableSolarPanels, or at least re-enable it to drive RPM & IVA props bits could be done on Kerbalism's part... Has this been brought up over there yet? I can paraphrase this and link to your repo issue in case that gives some ideas.

BTW @DemonEin -- this IVAs are great! :D

Edited by Beetlecat

8 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Has this been brought up over there yet?

Yeah, I’ve been in contact with them on the kerbalism discord about this.  Still trying to settle on the best method.  It might end up requiring small code changes on both sides, so I wouldn’t hold my breath for a fix anytime soon.

2 hours ago, siklidkid said:

I love the IVA, But could you possibly make it compatible with AirplanePlus?

If you dig through the AirplanePlus thread you can find a number of IVAs people have made.  Just search for "IVA" or "RPM" within the thread itself.

7 hours ago, kennyboy said:

Hey All,

Real Newbie here, 

I installed per the instructions.... everything good but my PFD's/MFD's wont show any information on it?  Its all good in my ASET pod, but nothing for my Mk's.

Thoughts?

Can you post a log file? I have a hunch but I'd need the logs to verify.

16 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Can you post a log file? I have a hunch but I'd need the logs to verify.

I would love to..... how would I go about doing that?  

ps.... Every update that is available is thru CKAN and I'm running the latest version of Kerbal

Edited by kennyboy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.