[1.8.x] DE_IVAExtension - For All the Stock Pod IVAs!

DemonEin

I'm having a problem. I cant use some of the buttons, I believe I have everything installed correctly. Like most of it works, except the actual modules where I could access a camera view, vessel view, etc. None of those buttons appear to respond. 

I'm having a similar issue to the one above; having installed this mod and all dependencies through ckan. Playing with kerbalism, scansat, docking port indicator installed as well. Buttons inside of the IVA work well, but if I press the resources button or the graphs button on the raster monitor, everything freezes in the IVA. Freezes are isolated to a single pod; a vessel with two pods will see one completely frozen in IVA while the other IVA works fine (until that cursed button is pressed).

Sometimes the switches continue to work, but the monitor is frozen.

Where will I find the log file you are going to ask me for when you see this post? Thanks!

This is an absolutely wonderful mod. Im using it with RSS and the level of detail and interaction with other mods is just superb. Immersion and planning missions and manoeuvres just got a massive kick up the rear in my new playthrough (just did a clean instal due to a conflict by another mod, suspected to be mandatory RCS, causing uncontrollable rotation in orbit) and I cant believe the quality it. Forcing IVA and using Through The Eyes of a Kerbal mod to force first person view for EVA  ranks up the mission tension quite nicely. Great job! 

Edited by Sunscreen

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, TheDicko said:

Hello, this mod is fantastic, but the LSS Status (life support screen) says it is not installed. Do i need to install the TAC Life support mod? or is there a different mod i need to install for it. Thanks!

Depending on the prop you're talking about, it may just need *any* (of the main ones) LSS mod. Kerbalism works great for me, too. Don't feel you *have* to install one, but it's just nice that the cockpit props are self aware enough not to just show error messages :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a great mod, I love the look and feel of these IVAs. However, I have noticed a small issue with the SAS hold buttons for the radial settings. They seem to be flipped; pressing the "Radial In" button will cause the craft to hold on the Radial Out direction and vise versa. Has anyone else noticed this? Or should I try reinstalling the mod.

(This is my first post to this forum and I am new to modding, so let me know if I have done something wrong)

13 hours ago, PotatoLegs said:

This is a great mod, I love the look and feel of these IVAs. However, I have noticed a small issue with the SAS hold buttons for the radial settings. They seem to be flipped; pressing the "Radial In" button will cause the craft to hold on the Radial Out direction and vise versa. Has anyone else noticed this? Or should I try reinstalling the mod.

(This is my first post to this forum and I am new to modding, so let me know if I have done something wrong)

I've noticed this since the dawn of time, I think they are actually backwards in the ASET prop configs.  With the right modulemanager patch you could probably fix it...

On 9/12/2020 at 2:05 PM, JonnyOThan said:

I've noticed this since the dawn of time, I think they are actually backwards in the ASET prop configs.  With the right modulemanager patch you could probably fix it...

Do you know where I could find one or would I have to create one? Because I know absolutely nothing about modding.

35 minutes ago, PotatoLegs said:

Do you know where I could find one or would I have to create one? Because I know absolutely nothing about modding.

Probably have to make your own...
Unless someone else already discovered this bug, and provided one, somewhere in the ASET Props thread.
You could try posting that youre looking for a fix, on that thread, and mebbe someone can point you at one already done, or mebbe someone would be kind enuff to write one... Shouldnt be that complicated, for someone who's dug around in those props before...

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/116430-aset-props-pack-v15-for-the-modders-who-create-iva/

On 9/13/2020 at 2:49 PM, PotatoLegs said:

Try this:

// The texture coords for these switches are incorrect in the ASET prop configs,
// so pushing the one that looks like radialin actually does radialout and vice-versa

@PROP[swPush_SAS_RadialOut]
{
    @MODULE[JSIPropTextureShift]
    {
        @x = 0.0
    }
}

@PROP[swPush_SAS_RadialIn]
{
    @MODULE[JSIPropTextureShift]
    {
        @x = 0.25
    }
}
Edited by JonnyOThan

On 8/21/2020 at 1:14 AM, Alpha_Gametauri_2 said:

My one dislike about the mod is how zoomed in you are with the Shuttle/Mk3 cockpit, unlike the ASET Mk3 mod from way back in the 1.2.2 days where you had a descent zoom out. Other then that, i love it.

There is a module you can use to configure seat cameras:

@INTERNAL[MK3_Cockpit_Int]:Needs[RasterPropMonitor]
{
    MODULE
    {
        name = JSISetInternalCameraFOV
    }
    @MODULE[InternalSeat],*
    {
        kerbalEyeOffset = 0, 0, 0
        hideKerbal = head
        minPitch = -60
    }
}

16 hours ago, Stone Blue said:

So that key offsets the actual "eyeball" camera position?

Yep.  That field is stock: https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_internal_seat.html

JSISetInternalCameraFOV enables some additional parameters for each InternalSeat: fov, maxRot, maxPitch, minPitch, hideKerbal: https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/blob/master/RasterPropMonitor/Auxiliary modules/JSISetInternalCameraFOV.cs#L65

8 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Yep.  That field is stock: https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/api/class_internal_seat.html

JSISetInternalCameraFOV enables some additional parameters for each InternalSeat: fov, maxRot, maxPitch, minPitch, hideKerbal: https://github.com/Mihara/RasterPropMonitor/blob/master/RasterPropMonitor/Auxiliary modules/JSISetInternalCameraFOV.cs#L65

Noice! ... I need this all on an IVA I am working on... I already placed some seats as low as I could. The seat bases are as low as they can go, sticking out of the IVA shell, in the space between the IVA and external model... *just* inside showing thru the external... :grimacing:, but I still need moar camera adjustment

Edited by Stone Blue

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2020 at 10:59 PM, PotatoLegs said:

I had a little time so I figured I'd dig into this...you wouldn't believe it but KSP actually has these backwards internally.  I'll get this fixed up for the next RPM release.

https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/blob/4121b1c2c979773386ca18148c7ebde68ecc6d64/src/kOS/Binding/FlightControlManager.cs#L194

• 1 month later...

I wanted to take some time out of my day to firstly and mainly say a HUGE thank you for the incredible work done by modders like you as this game is WAAY better so thank you 

thank you for 

1 creating this mod 

2 ensuring its compatibility with rpm 

3 ensuring its downloadable via Ckan 

and secondly is there any plans to update the Russian style iva or the mem by any chance  also are there plans to keep this mod updated when 1.11 comes out 

yours in gratitude for the insane amount of work that has gone into this mod already.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.