Jump to content

[1.8.x] DE_IVAExtension - For All the Stock Pod IVAs!


DemonEin
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BudgetHedgehog said:

Not sure how you've managed that - the download from GitHub contains the dll and everything you need, just merge the GameData folder from the zip with yours.

Works now, thanks. I've no idea why the dll wasn't there before, I got it from the github. I guess I downloaded the master or something else idk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its laggy for me
 

I usually get around 100 FPS but when I enter IVA it drops to 30-50 FPS (Not enought for VR, still happens without VR mod). The more instroments are visible on the screen the laggier it is. When I zoom at the instroments it is normal again

Im not 100% sure weather its the DE_IVA's or ASET's fault

Edited by JaFu0815
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This mod is great and brings a whole new element to the immersion of the game. I’m struggling with the issue of blurry MFDs though. Everything else in the IVA is crystal sharp, even much smaller text, but the actual mfd screen is so blurry it’s illegible.  Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?  I’ve messed with my settings with no success

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JaFu0815 said:

Its laggy for me
 

I usually get around 100 FPS but when I enter IVA it drops to 30-50 FPS (Not enought for VR, still happens without VR mod). The more instroments are visible on the screen the laggier it is. When I zoom at the instroments it is normal again

Im not 100% sure weather its the DE_IVA's or ASET's fault

I wish I could help you with that, as I haven't noticed so extreme performance issues on my machine, and I have no idea why it is so bad for you. Are you using any others mods besides the dependencies? It might also be nice to know your system specs. I don't know if I will be able to do anything, but I would be interested to know any additional details.

4 hours ago, MrBirchTree said:

This mod is great and brings a whole new element to the immersion of the game. I’m struggling with the issue of blurry MFDs though. Everything else in the IVA is crystal sharp, even much smaller text, but the actual mfd screen is so blurry it’s illegible.  Anyone else have this issue or know a fix?  I’ve messed with my settings with no success

Check your installed versions of all the dependencies, especially ToolbarController, because it was updated at one point that changed how it interacts with the unBlur mod which might have something to do with your problem. If that doesn't work, send me a screenshot so I can have a better idea of what you're seeing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, DemonEin said:

I wish I could help you with that, as I haven't noticed so extreme performance issues on my machine, and I have no idea why it is so bad for you. Are you using any others mods besides the dependencies? It might also be nice to know your system specs. I don't know if I will be able to do anything, but I would be interested to know any additional details.

Check your installed versions of all the dependencies, especially ToolbarController, because it was updated at one point that changed how it interacts with the unBlur mod which might have something to do with your problem. If that doesn't work, send me a screenshot so I can have a better idea of what you're seeing.

Mods:
ClickTroughBlocker 0.1.7.2
ASET Agency 1.0
ASET Props 1.5
DE_IVAExtention
RasterPropMonitror 1:v0.30.6
ModuleManager 4.03

Game version: 1.7.3.2594
Start parameters: -force-d3d12

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7-6700K 4.00GHz x8
GPU: GTX 980 Ti x2
RAM: 12GB

(Note: Show interiour lags as well)

Edited by JaFu0815
More info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, DemonEin said:

I wish I could help you with that, as I haven't noticed so extreme performance issues on my machine, and I have no idea why it is so bad for you. Are you using any others mods besides the dependencies? It might also be nice to know your system specs. I don't know if I will be able to do anything, but I would be interested to know any additional details.

Check your installed versions of all the dependencies, especially ToolbarController, because it was updated at one point that changed how it interacts with the unBlur mod which might have something to do with your problem. If that doesn't work, send me a screenshot so I can have a better idea of what you're seeing.

Fixed. Installed right version of toolbar and installed unBlur mod and now MFD is sharp. I’m very new to pc gaming and completely new to modding so forgive the dumb questions. Now that I can see the MFD I’ve noticed their are a few buttons that have blank screens, namely the map and cameras. Maybe I missed some mods along the way? I’m also curious if there is anyway to add maneuver nodes while in IVA?  Thanks for the help 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, JaFu0815 said:

Mods:
ClickTroughBlocker 0.1.7.2
ASET Agency 1.0
ASET Props 1.5
DE_IVAExtention
RasterPropMonitror 1:v0.30.6
ModuleManager 4.03

Game version: 1.7.3.2594
Start parameters: -force-d3d12

Specs:
CPU: Intel i7-6700K 4.00GHz x8
GPU: GTX 980 Ti x2
RAM: 12GB

(Note: Show interiour lags as well)

Do you have ToolbarController installed? If you do, then I don't know what else to do, sorry. Anyone else should let me know if they have the same problem.

3 hours ago, MrBirchTree said:

Fixed. Installed right version of toolbar and installed unBlur mod and now MFD is sharp. I’m very new to pc gaming and completely new to modding so forgive the dumb questions. Now that I can see the MFD I’ve noticed their are a few buttons that have blank screens, namely the map and cameras. Maybe I missed some mods along the way? I’m also curious if there is anyway to add maneuver nodes while in IVA?  Thanks for the help 

RasterPropMonitor integrates with a few other mods to bring you functionality on the other screens (for the map, use SCANsat, and for cameras, use Hullcam VDS). These mods are optional but they add functionality, and there are more mods that also integrate with the MFDs. More information on the MFDs can be found in the RPM forum thread and other RPM sources. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to add maneuver nodes while in IVA. Thanks for your interest, and have fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/12/2019 at 4:16 AM, DemonEin said:

Do you have ToolbarController installed? If you do, then I don't know what else to do, sorry. Anyone else should let me know if they have the same problem.

RasterPropMonitor integrates with a few other mods to bring you functionality on the other screens (for the map, use SCANsat, and for cameras, use Hullcam VDS). These mods are optional but they add functionality, and there are more mods that also integrate with the MFDs. More information on the MFDs can be found in the RPM forum thread and other RPM sources. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to add maneuver nodes while in IVA. Thanks for your interest, and have fun!

Still laggy with ToolbarController

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@DemonEin Wanted to ask you - is there a way I can easily replace the life support screens with a standard MFD? I don't have a LSS installed and it'd be nice to have another screen to use.

(Btw, not experiencing the lag here, everything runs just fine)

Edited by BudgetHedgehog
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, JaFu0815 said:

Still laggy with ToolbarController

Good to know. Not much I can do, but hopefully others don't get the same problem.

12 hours ago, BudgetHedgehog said:

@DemonEin Wanted to ask you - is there a way I can easily replace the life support screens with a standard MFD? I don't have a LSS installed and it'd be nice to have another screen to use.

(Btw, not experiencing the lag here, everything runs just fine)

Replacing the life support screens would require changing the arrangement of the props around the life support screen, which would be annoying for all the pods but you could do it. The proper way would be to use Part Tools to modify each internal by removing the life support screen, adding an MFD correctly positioned and scaled, and adjusting the surrounding props accordingly. Alternatively, you could try to hack it by using ModuleManager to change the name of all life support screens to an MFD name. The MFD wouldn't be scaled correctly and might overlap with other props, but it could work well enough to be worth the reduced hassle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

@DemonEin Would it be possible for you to use the aset hud ? I tried replacing it with a config like you suggested for the LSS above but that doesn't work well at all sadly.
This hud is much easier to read and can be stowed which could be useful to some. Also prettier by far.
I am not entirely sure if it isn't part of the aset avionics pack however. No matter what I'd recommend you give that one a look, it have very nice analogue dials that work sometimes better than digital ones in Aset's main pack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Falco01 said:

@DemonEin Would it be possible for you to use the aset hud ? I tried replacing it with a config like you suggested for the LSS above but that doesn't work well at all sadly.
This hud is much easier to read and can be stowed which could be useful to some. Also prettier by far.
I am not entirely sure if it isn't part of the aset avionics pack however. No matter what I'd recommend you give that one a look, it have very nice analogue dials that work sometimes better than digital ones in Aset's main pack.

I did consider using the ASET HUD, but I decided against to prevent having an additional dependency. If you want, you can go ahead and use part tools to switch out the HUD. It shouldn't take too long, because you only need to do it with 2 cockpits (iirc).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, FirenzeEzio said:

Hello? How to modify the original IVA?I'd like to try to add / modify IVA,, but it's hard for me to find this tutorial.

Figuring out how to make a mod is as much a part of modding as is making the mod itself. This video might help you get started for editing IVAs. Most of it isn't important to this type of IVA creation, but the video gives an idea of how IVA development works. Take a look around the forums for any other resources you can find. Good luck!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 5:38 PM, nwillard said:

So are a lot of IVA's dead in the water due to ASET Props not being updated yet? Just curious, no pressure to the glorious mod makers.

ASET Props isn't the problem so much as RPM is the problem. MAS works for 1.8 and uses ASET props. Presently I can't justify adopting RPM to make it compatible but of course someone can always do that if they want;). It's always a shame when old projects get outdated but hey, that's what happens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

my electric power score display shows 0 while i have solar panels and fuel cells am i missing something maybe some mod

game version 1.8.1 with breaking ground and mods i have a lot of them like kerbalism, near future electric  dynamic battery storage and so on idont know which ones r relevant 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...