Quick Eve challenge

I've done most of the hard work and built a craft for you...

yrXQ8D0.png

Craft file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9xjlcv8f0sy2xk/Eve Fox 1.craft?dl=0

All you have to do is:

1. Cheat it to Eve orbit (Alt-F12, Cheats, Set Orbit)
  2. De-orbit and survive re-entry
  3. Land
  4. Drive to the top of a hill 
  5. Launch to a stable Eve orbit

The craft has marginal dV for Eve orbit. I'm pretty sure it won't make it from sea level. It can make it from around 2km though, depending on your skillz. 

OK, you might land in a high area and could just take off but where's the fun in that? At least have a bit of a drive uphill so you can say you did it. 

It would be nice if you posted a fews piccies. There's no leaderboard, it's just for the hell of it. 

Some rules you say?...

1. Don't alter the craft. 
  2. No physics-changing mods or config changes. 
  3. MJ Ascent Guidance or GravityTurn mods (or similar) are OK if you are struggling to make orbit. 

Some tips...

• You can drive uphill in KSP at a good speed if you make short zig-zags. It's a KSP "quirk". 
  • You'll get good amounts of sunshine for the solar panels in the morning and afternoon. 
  • You can move the crewman between the capsule and lander can with the Transfer option on the doors.
  • You can change the Control Point to forward on the lander can through its PAW
  • Save often.

2 hours ago, Pds314 said:

Wait why wouldn't I just land on a mountain? Lord knows Eve's atmosphere is thick enough for it.

Well, ya, I did mention that. Kinda not the point though.

The "fun" is in taking an unknown craft, figuring out how it works, making a successful landing, driving it to a new higher launchsite and making orbit.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.