Just purchased, but no confirmation or link

MarkOak

Hi, I just purchased Kerbal Space Program (really planning to play all night after watching several videos on YouTube), but even after purchase and payment approved by my bank (just received confirmation from them by e-mail) I did not receive any confirmation of the purchase or link for download from the Digital Store. Is it normal they be so slow??

A bit disapointing, these online sales should be immediate these days...

Thanks and regards!

PS: registration and confirmation by e-mail to access this forum worked ok, just the purchase has no reply.

Hi, thank you for the reply!

About one hour ago, now.

PS: I know it seems not too long, but online purchases usually are realtime, immediate (after payment approval, what happened already)... I hope it is not necessary to wait someone go to the office on Monday to release pending orders... ;-)

Hello, thank you!

This morning they sent this message in reply to a message I sent yesterday via website: "Your order has been received and is currently being held for review by our accounting department. The review process is for your security and can take up to 72 hours maximum, but is usually complete within 24 hours or less."

But a few hours later they released the access to the download.

I still think the process was too archaic, as required some sort of manual review and liberation. As I mentioned that the payment, usually the most frequent problem, was authorized immediately, so no hold should be expected...

But, now it is time to install and start fun.

Thank you for the welcome and help!! :-)

PS: Abusing a little bit, should I just install latest version 1.7.3 “Room to Maneuver”? I watched a video about mods recommending version 1.2.2 to be compatible with them. I have no intention to mod right now, as I'm just beginning, but I'd like to have the Solar System real planets in the future...

Edited by MarkOak

1 hour ago, MarkOak said:

PS: Abusing a little bit, should I just install latest version 1.7.3 “Room to Maneuver”? I watched a video about mods recommending version 1.2.2 to be compatible with them. I have no intention to mod right now, as I'm just beginning, but I'd like to have the Solar System real planets in the future...

Glad you got it working Mark!  You probably didn't notice, but on the download page, there was an option to select which version you want to play.  1.7.3 has the most features, and is the current (as of this post) build.  If you would like to install a different version, you can do that too.  KSP does not limit you to one install, you can keep a stock one, a lower version one, and a couple different modded installs all at the same time if you'd like. 

I guarantee you that video was >6 months old.  The update cycle of KSP has been much faster lately than it has in the past, we're getting new versions every ~90 days or so right now, so take any info you hear about version x.x.x is the best one out there with a grain of salt.   The Mods are usually up to date within weeks if not days.  Check the Mod release thread her on the forums to see, but you can also use a program like CKAN to handle most of the heavy lifting for you, including version checking.   Check out the Add on sub forums for more details on all of these.

But I'd recommend for your first playthrough or so, just stick with stock.   Not only will it force you to learn the skills, but you'll also get to know what the stock parts are. 

Happy Crashing!

Thank you Gargamel!

I'm already exploding some Kerbals... Glad that it allows to retry...

I realized about the versions and downloaded both 1.2.2 and 1.7.3, but as you suggested I installed just the last one, and will keep checking versions when trying mods, and will try CKAN as well. Make a separate installation for these experience is a good idea.

Currently I'm following the tutorials and trying to dominate the views and controlling the vessels... ;-)