Looking for a Welding Mod I saw in a video...

Hey everyone - a while back I saw a video on Youtube, where if you are building a LARGE space station in multiple launches, you inevitably end up with dock ports everywhere, needlessly increasing your part count.

This mod I saw allowed you to 'weld' the docking ports together.  However, what it actually did was remove the 2 docking ports and directly connect the 2 parts that were previously connected to the docking ports.

This seems like an excellent way to not only reduce part count, but also improve the stability of your station?

Regards,

FeersumEndjinn 

interesting. I haven’t used that one. But I have used one that allows you to make custom welded parts in the VAB etc... and what I found was that even though it counted as one part I didn’t get a noticeable improvement in performance over stock. If I made heaps of parts into one my puter would still struggle as if it was many parts for some reason

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, FeersumEndjinn said:

This mod I saw allowed you to 'weld' the docking ports together.  However, what it actually did was remove the 2 docking ports and directly connect the 2 parts that were previously connected to the docking ports.

These are the construction ports of MKS:

(ignore the version number in the title, the mod is updated at least for 1.6, probably still works in 1.7)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

Ah yes Konstruction.. the space station builders best friend.. 

Now if I can only get it and USI Life support working in Harmony that would be nice.. (Though as I recall @Roverdude was working on a  update to that mod as the USI tools are out of date for 1.7.3) but then I could be wrong.

Space_Coyote

On 7/29/2019 at 9:37 AM, Space_Coyote said:

Ah yes Konstruction.. the space station builders best friend.. 

Now if I can only get it and USI Life support working in Harmony that would be nice.. (Though as I recall @Roverdude was working on a  update to that mod as the USI tools are out of date for 1.7.3) but then I could be wrong.

Space_Coyote

The USI tools still work. Just because it's built against a different version doesn't automatically mean that a mod doesn't work. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.