ISP problem with RSS and FASA

RocketBlam

I'm using RSS, which I managed to get installed on 1.7.3, and I've also got FASA working. I noticed, however, that the ISP of all the engines is a lot higher than I think it's supposed to be. For example, the ISP of the Swivel engine is 425 ASL and 544 VAC. That's a lot higher than stock.

Does anyone know why this would be? Maybe just a compatibility thing, since neither of these mods is really supposed to work in 1.7.3. Is there a setting somewhere I can change to fix it?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, RocketBlam said:

I'm using RSS, which I managed to get installed on 1.7.3, and I've also got FASA working. I noticed, however, that the ISP of all the engines is a lot higher than I think it's supposed to be. For example, the ISP of the Swivel engine is 425 ASL and 544 VAC. That's a lot higher than stock.

Does anyone know why this would be? Maybe just a compatibility thing, since neither of these mods is really supposed to work in 1.7.3. Is there a setting somewhere I can change to fix it?

Thanks.

Doesn't RSS tweak the engines to be more in-line with the scaled system? Stock engines wouldn't cut it in a 10X scaled system. 

If you use real solar system it’s a lot bigger so you need different values to be able to launch things. I use SMURFF which changes the values of things around a bit to simulate realish thrust to weight I think. My only mods are RSS, SMURFF and ReStock on 1.7.3 I’m pretty happy with it so far ^_^ 

Edited by Guest

It didn't used to be this way though. The stock parts all had the same stats in RSS before, which is why I downloaded FASA. Some of the FASA engines are a lot better with ISP, and that made RSS at least doable.

It's kind of not much of a challenge now.

On 7/28/2019 at 1:13 PM, RocketBlam said:

Thanks.

RSS doesn’t change parts. Are you also using REalism Overhaul?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.