Eve Circumnavigation with a propeller plane

xendelaar

On 7/30/2019 at 12:28 AM, Reinhart Mk.1 said:

WOW

No YOU'RE WOW! ;)

thanks for watching. the mission was really fun and pretty easy! It only took most of my Saturday (starting at 9:00 and finished up around 22:00). I was AFK a lot of the time, but I did enjoy watching the scenery! 

Edited by xendelaar

3 hours ago, Aelipse said:

Haha, that's awesome. What software did you use to capture the video? I assume you didn't just take hell of lot of screenshots. :D

I actually took over 1055 screenshots with a autohotkey script I wrote haha XD. I  tried to record the whole 10 hour mission, but then got a nag screen from my recording software that my 10 minute demo was expired... so I had to think of something on the fly! so that's why I made the autohotkey script to help me out. the script took a picture every 30s en 60s. 

Stitching all the pictures together (in VideoPad) was a poodle and the result is less than ideal, since it's kind of choppy... but it's better than nothing I guess. Next time I will try to get proper recording software before i start a mission haha. In hindsight I don't think my hard drive would be pleased if it had to store 10 hours of 2k footage haha.. 

15 hours ago, xendelaar said:

No YOU'RE WOW! ;)

:wub:

15 hours ago, xendelaar said:

thanks for watching. the mission was really fun and pretty easy! It only took most of my Saturday (starting at 9:00 and finished up around 22:00). I AFK a lot of the time, but I did enjoy watching the scenery! 

and no problem! i like missions like this, and this thing being stable as it is i bet afk stuff was a breeze

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2019 at 9:39 PM, Wallygator said:

Pretty cool!

Did you get your kerb back to kerbin?

thanks for asking :D 

not yet.. i designed a 20 tonnes helicopter/spaceship hybrid for the occasion but somehow lost interest after posting this mission report. :) maybe I will try it again when I regain the KSP-virus. I'm currently working on other stuff :D

3WsxC7x.png

Edited by xendelaar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.