Beyond - KSP miniseries.

Rus_1952

Hi Rus,

Happy to take a look at this for you but I’d prefer to send the revised sections of dialogue by forum private message rather than email, if that’s OK?

27 minutes ago, KSK said:

Hi Rus,

Happy to take a look at this for you but I’d prefer to send the revised sections of dialogue by forum private message rather than email, if that’s OK?

Yes, sure.

Edited by Rus_1952

You're looking for general spelling, grammar, and construction...  I'll feed it through my mills.

What time frame are you looking at? I probably won't get much done until early next week.

Have you done any filming yet? In case any edits need to keep the same length of speech.

The tricky part for me for will be keeping my voice out of your text.

I have a babelfished copy of the whole script, if anybody is interested.

Edited by steuben

There's a ton of work already gone into this - as in eighteen video chunks which, I believe, are going to be merged into a shorter number of more substantial sections for the finished version.

I'm basically watching a video segment at a time and then revising the relevant subtitles. But yeah - 'revision' is really just minor tweaks to make Rus's, already very good, English a bit more idiomatic. Hopefully I'm keeping the same tone and general feel in the process.

I can't pretend to be entirely neutral about this project now but it's well worth a watch! Great craft designs, some lovely little post-production touches, and solid character moments too. Keep an eye out for it, folks!

Edited by KSK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

Wow, this was great! @Rus_1952 is there a planned sequel series? Not sure what you'd do with it, but still...

Definitely not in the near future. It took me five months to make this series, so now i need to take some rest. Maybe in a next year, if i will have any ideas for the plot, i'll do the sequel. Or maybe it would be completeley different story

Интересно у тебя получается.

Но продолжать тему с монолитами думаю уже не стоит. Кубрик он конечно взбудоражил умы человечества. Но лучше придумать что нибудь новенькое. Замусолено ибо.

Тем более скоро (надеюсь) второй KSP запилят!

[Translation]
Interesting you get. But I think it’s not worth continuing the topic with monoliths. Kubrick, of course, he excited the minds of mankind. But it’s better to come up with something new. Suspected for. Especially soon (I hope) the second KSP will be filmed!

Edited by James Kerman
Added translation

On 9/27/2019 at 10:58 PM, BezKartuza said:

Интересно у тебя получается.

Но продолжать тему с монолитами думаю уже не стоит. Кубрик он конечно взбудоражил умы человечества. Но лучше придумать что нибудь новенькое. Замусолено ибо.

Согласен, тема с монолитами исчерпана. Будет что-то другое. Что именно пока не знаю. Пока есть пара безумных идей, вроде еще одной миссии к венере ил и пилотируемой миссии со спуском космоплана в недра газового гиганта (Урана или Нептуна например) С возвратом естественно.

Agreed. The monolith theme is exhausted. Next video would be something different. Now i have couple of crazy ideas like another mission to Venus or maybe manned mission to gas giant (Uranus or Neptune)  with the descent of a space plane into its atmosphere. And with subsequent return of course

Edited by Rus_1952

Rus: Пилотируемый полёт на Венеру кстати было бы интересно. А возможен интерстеллар в будущем? Типа полёта к Проксима Центавре или вообще к какой нибудь чёрной дыре. В любом случае, буду ждать твоих новых видосиков!

Eng: A manned flight to Venus, by the way, would be interesting. Is interstellar possible in the future? Type of flight to Proxima Centauri or even to some sort of black hole. In any case, I will wait for your new video!

Wow this is spectacular! You did a really good job with this mini-series. I also love the use of the 'First Man' soundtrack in the last episode. I agree that your next project should be a little more original but this was still definitely unique! Keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.