Coolest Thing You've Done in KSP?

On 8/2/2019 at 5:47 AM, Johnster_Space_Program said:

So, what's the coolest thing you have done so far in Kerbal Space Program?

I landed on the Mun and came back. 

That was probably the coolest thing I've done on a computer, ever. The first time I did it, that is.

By somewhat more experienced KSP player standards, building a Kosmodrome on Laythe was probably pretty cool, especially as I flew this little guy there: 

xjdAPy4.jpg

4OBTRjs.jpg

The JUNO MIDGE was my scout. Helped me find the perfect spot for the Kosmodrome.

9 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

Difficult to answer, but this is one of my top contenders.  Over the top, that is.  I like to see just what I can actually make fly. 

It's like a mutant trilobyte crossed with Bill's fever dreams.

The coolest thing I've done is probably my Jool-5 mission. You can click the badge in my sig to see it.

I always seem to feel like whatever the latest thing I'm working on is just the coolest thing ever...  and usually there's some sort of story involved.

Right now I have a large rescue helo that can deploy a boat.  So I'm of course trying to devise a mission plot/story that will require a search and rescue operation.  So far, I don't have a very good reason to deploy the boat, because I can land the helo in the water close enough to any kerbal that needs rescuing.  Sigh... but the boat is so cool.  Ah well, I'm sure a mission idea will soon present itself.

A self-imposed goal that I have in mind for my program is to never recover a kerbal unless it is at one of the 4 Kerbin Base locations.  So far, I have craft that allow me to make that claim as it relates to kerbals.  ...but not necessarily their capsule or equipment.  It would be cool if one day I could say the same for the equipment they fall back to the planet onboard.

Oh I am progressively more proud of my accomplishments in this game which is the coolest part of it.

- sent a fleet of 3 ships to duna in 1transfer window.

- coordinated series of launches to build and refuel an orbital station around the mun. I think 7 launches is what I took to get it up? Will take much more to keep it fueled however.

- my space comm network so I hardly lose probe control now.

- learning to get my rendezvous ever increasingly efficient and painless

best part is It will only get better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.