REMEMBER: A KSP Collaborative Game based on Forgotten Space Program (modpack finalized (mostly))

Mod decisions  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Should we do a modification on the stock solar system?

• Use the stock system, possibly with planet addons
    • Use a modified stock system like JNSQ or 6.4x (this will likely be a bit more difficult)
    • Use a modded planetary system like Galileo, New Horizons, etc.
  2. 2. Which of the following rocket parts mods do you want the most?

• Bluedog Design Bureau (historical American rockets)
    • Tantares (Russian rockets)
    • Tundra Exploration (SpaceX)
    • reDIRECT (Space Launch System and Orion)

25 minutes ago, LittleBitMore said:

Unless there's some kind of mod or program that can automatically do that kind of thing for us, not all of us will be willing to do all that or will be able to do all that correctly. Too high of failure chance.

Well, it's just "go into the GameData, open the BDB folder, and delete these folders", but that's still a bit more complexity. Probably no BDB to start. (We can always add it later)

On 3/3/2020 at 4:15 AM, greenTurtle1134 said:

You might want to check that your computer can run the modpack first.

As soon as you're confident that the list is finalized.

I've got a pretty beastly machine, so I'm not too worried about that. My current save is running 46 mods, and about two thirds of them are on your list already. :D

I guess it will be a while yet before it's my 'turn' anyway, so I will keep an eye on this thread and chime in when I feel the need.

Edit:  (Wow, no activity in almost a week...  Am I the only one excited for this idea? :D)

Just played around with the modset a bit, got all of Stage 1 installed and running fine (and booting up in under 3 minutes :P), and a couple questions came up:

Since we're using KCT and Scrapyard, wouldn't FMRS or something similar be almost mandatory? Or are those in the "if you want, get them, they don't affect the save file at all" category?  (damn that's a mouthful. We might need a term to categorize mods that fit for this, though.)

Also: Personally, I would like to add Kerbal Reusability Expansion to the list.  It's really lightweight (MUCH more so than NF or BDB) and only adds a handful of parts, but those are REALLY useful for building reusable boosters. SpaceX style.

What settings for KCT?

On that note, what difficulty settings for the base game?

How do I 'disable' breaking ground? (it was mentioned a few pages back that DLCs should be disabled to keep things open to everyone?)

Why the MK4 parts, but not the MK2 or MK3 expansions?  Given the time limits we're working under I feel those would be so much more useful.

I had more, but I forgot them again...  sooo, watch this space for additional Edits? ^^'

Edited by Atlessa
Many new questions, didn't want to doublepost.

• 2 weeks later...

Great news: got my new computer!

Not so great news: loaded all the mods and the mk16 chute doesn't show up in staging and there's no deploy button in the right click menu. What the hell.

Also, this construction time bull excrements is just... Nah. I want no part of it.

Edited by Vagrant203

15 hours ago, Vagrant203 said:

Also, this construction time bull excrements is just... Nah. I want no part of it.

KCT is the cause of that, and it's also one of the only mods that makes it so you can't just spam rockets during your turn. However, if we are to use KCT, a good idea would be to drastically reduce times or make the turns longer.

Otherwise you'll be able to launch one rocket or less during your turn, as KCT wait times are kinda slow for this type of game.

Edited by LittleBitMore

9 hours ago, Vagrant203 said:

I'm removing BDB. There's just... Too much.

Agreed. It's been struck from the modpack.

15 minutes ago, LittleBitMore said:

KCT is the cause of that, and it's also one of the only mods that makes it so you can't just spam rockets during your turn. However, if we are to use KCT, a good idea would be to drastically reduce times or make the turns longer.

Otherwise you'll be able to launch one rocket or less during your turn, as KCT wait times are kinda slow for this type of game.

Yeah, that's why I put KCT in the first place. I'm going to need to fine-tune the exact turn times later. They're going to start out annoyingly short and gradually get longer as we go.

• 2 months later...

Notification: This isn't dead, I've just managed to procrastinate writing the program by literally months. I'll have some free time in coming weeks.

Here's the plan, just for reference:

Spoiler

The program has two parts: FORGET and REMEMBER

FORGET:
 - Look through the modules
 - If the module in question is on the list of modules to copy, copy it to the new file
 - If the module is the KCT module, create a new alarm at the turn end time
 - At the KERBALS module:
  - Read it
  - Generate a name replacement table
  - Replace names
  - Set each Kerbal to unowned
  - Copy it to the new file
 - At the FLIGHTSTATE module:
  - Copy the time stuff
  - Go down the VESSELS list
   - For each VESSEL, determine if it contains a Kerbal and modify the name accordingly
   - Then copy it over, changing what's needed

REMEMBER:
 - Open the target file and start copying it line by line into the new file
 - For each module, if it's on the list to copy, 
 - Add new Kerbals to KERALS list
 - Replace the FLIGHTSTATE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.