What Do You Think KSP 1.8 Will Add?

So, what do you think the big feature of the upcoming KSP 1.8 update will be? 1.6 was a delta-v calculator and delta-v showing up in staging, 1.7 was a better and more precise manuever making system, called Room to Maneuver. So, what do you think 1.8 will be?

2 hours ago, Fraktal said:

I hope they continue the old part remodeling. Been thinking yesterday that the Swivel, Reliant and Thumper are in need of a Terrier-style facelift.

Oh please no. Leave the parts alone. They are fine, at most they need a touch up. I'd rather they do new models, but keep the parts looking much the same.

They should be doing something that will improve the game, not pointless changes. If they do anything with the parts, they should add more variants, in particular, adding some character back to parts they took it away from.

Like the decouplers. All the decouplers look the same now, and you can't just pick which is which at a glance.

Edited by Tw1

story mode? "kerstronomers have discovered an asteroid on a collision course! you have xx years to intercept it and save kermanity!"

ai competitors in career mode?

factorio meets ksp? "so you wanna launch a rocket eh?, better start by making some iron plates..."

kerbdew valley? the ultimate marshmallow farming simulator ON MINMUS! 

actually i'd just be happy if the aero model got updated a little so that tubes worked and attachment-point-fu was no longer required for aerodynamically shaped craft

5 hours ago, Blasty McBlastblast said:

story mode? "kerstronomers have discovered an asteroid on a collision course! you have xx years to intercept it and save kermanity!"

ai competitors in career mode?

Story mode:

This will be interesting but when it collides, the game will be over?

Story mode is the best when there are ai Competitors in example on Laythe, they looking for Life in Space and when you upgrade your Tracking Station they detect Signals from Kerbin and check it out. And the first contact with you and the ai will define if you get friends and explore togeter or the ai will fight you (you can transmit Information and can get information from the AI Kerbals, but think what you transmit and what not). In Example: Landing on Laythe before you have contact wil be a invasion of Kerbin Kerbals, and the Laythe Kerbals will fight again the player.

(I serached for a mod 1.3.0 that adds AI Kerbals on other planets, but i dont find anyone)

Edited by SwissSpace93

On 8/3/2019 at 12:27 PM, Fraktal said:

I hope they continue the old part remodeling. Been thinking yesterday that the Swivel, Reliant and Thumper are in need of a Terrier-style facelift.

I wish they'd just hire the folks working on the Restock mod & replace everything stock with their work.

On 8/3/2019 at 3:03 PM, Xurkitree said:

I've been waiting for 1.8 for months now dammit!

Why?

• 1.4 March 2018
  • 1.5 October 2018
  • 1.6 December 2018
  • 1.7 April 2019

Based on last summer you can expect 1.9 in November. Based on the average of the last 3 gaps, you could expect it in August, this month. The only way you could have expected it earlier was to see the 2-month gap between 1.5 and 1.6 and thought that was the norm, which it clearly is not.

I'm betting Squad will expand the usage of the new inventory system that we saw introduced in the last update. It's in there now, but not fully exploited yet. There's some more potential there.

If history is any guide, probably nothing I care about. DLC probably.
I care about bugs and performance, not DLC, part revamps, or adding functionality that already exists in well-established mods. Frankly, everything since 1.3.1 has been a disappointment.

Aerodynamics overhaul? FAR is better.
Comnet? RemoteTech is better.
EVA chutes? Already had 'em.
Part variants? We already have at least 3 part-switchers that are more flexible.
Inventory system? KIS beats it hands-down.
Part overhauls? ReStock leaves it for dead, just like PorkJet and Ven did so long ago.
Steam integration? Screw steam, we have community craft-sharing already.
"Support for controllers" in 1.4? This must be a joke, right? 1.4 broke controller support completely. We already had AFBW anyway.
Improved burn time information? BetterBurnTime has been a thing for years.
ΔV readouts? KER is better and faster.
Ability to remove helmets and neck rings? *cough* TextureReplacer. Way better.
Maneuver Mode? Nope, going to keep using Maneuver Node Evolved, because it's better.

The only things mods can't fix - i.e. performance, game-engine bugs, and physics jank - Squad isn't doing anything about.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.