What Do You Think KSP 1.8 Will Add?

18 hours ago, Jestersage said:

How about updating the rest of Vanilla engines?

I hope they give it a break for a while. I know I've been harping on about this, but I'm quite disappointed with some of the remade parts. Some are great, they've  all been skillfully made, but some have lost what made the original part stand out, and be visually interesting in the first place. 

On 8/7/2019 at 9:25 AM, Scorpiodude said:

It is not that I don't like the stripes it is just that they don't fit in with anything anymore. This means they look rather out of place.

There are stripes on the radial decouplers,  and doors, and similar colouration on other parts- yellow on the batteries and xenon engines, similar grays on tanks. It looks fine. 

5kwdvjO.png

On 8/5/2019 at 12:53 AM, steve_v said:

If history is any guide, probably nothing I care about. DLC probably.
I care about bugs and performance, not DLC, part revamps, or adding functionality that already exists in well-established mods. Frankly, everything since 1.3.1 has been a disappointment.

Aerodynamics overhaul? FAR is better.
Comnet? RemoteTech is better.
EVA chutes? Already had 'em.
Part variants? We already have at least 3 part-switchers that are more flexible.
Inventory system? KIS beats it hands-down.
Part overhauls? ReStock leaves it for dead, just like PorkJet and Ven did so long ago.
Steam integration? Screw steam, we have community craft-sharing already.
"Support for controllers" in 1.4? This must be a joke, right? 1.4 broke controller support completely. We already had AFBW anyway.
Improved burn time information? BetterBurnTime has been a thing for years.
ΔV readouts? KER is better and faster.
Ability to remove helmets and neck rings? *cough* TextureReplacer. Way better.
Maneuver Mode? Nope, going to keep using Maneuver Node Evolved, because it's better.

The only things mods can't fix - i.e. performance, game-engine bugs, and physics jank - Squad isn't doing anything about.

A way to control rovers via setting waypoints and they drive themselves would be nice, 

On 8/5/2019 at 7:41 AM, XLjedi said:

Might as well add the hoses and winches...  since they already have a half-implemented inventory system.

Yea that would be nice. A way to make EVA worth your time and be better than KIS.

Right now, I hope they fix all the problems for Linux and MacOS, as I think these ones can be their best shot as KSP 2.0 is coming (and it will be Windows only, at least for some time).

Interesting times ahead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.