My wings are not strong enough...

If you haven't already I'd start with auto strutting each wing segment to its grandparent part. If I remember correctly you need to go into settings and turn on advanced tweakables. Also it is highly recommended not to use rigid attachment with wings as they need some flex or they are likely to break.

Edited by Chryssalid 8492

Also pay attention to how you attach parts. Engines are heavy. Attaching them to wings increases the forces they see. If they are attached to the body and offset to where you want on the wings it looks the same but is more durable. You also get some better heat-sink properties.

wow it has been a lot of time since i saw an aircraft like that

The engines could be too heavy for those fragile wings that with no struts/auto-struts they could fall apart with any move.

Move the engines closer to fusalage of the plain(The main long part)if you dont whant to offset from the main body wich is a good solution but quite unrealistic

As some said before adding autostruts could help(in most cases)

If auto struting doesnt work aswell you will need to use bigger wing pieces.

And do yourself a favour and add more control surfaces!.I can belive that plane can get altitude with so little :P

Not gonna say it's impossible, but I have never gotten a wing with anywhere near that many segments to stay intact.  You could try to use fewer, bigger wing pieces, like BigS wings in alternating directions. For the biggest planes I typically do a biplane or something similarly non-realistic.  I figure that's a fair tradeoff for the limited wing options the game gives you.

On 8/3/2019 at 8:32 PM, Chryssalid 8492 said:

If you haven't already I'd start with auto strutting each wing segment to its grandparent part. If I remember correctly you need to go into settings and turn on advanced tweakables. Also it is highly recommended not to use rigid attachment with wings as they need some flex or they are likely to break.

the setting in main menu?

1 hour ago, P Express Space & Sky Dept said:

the setting in main menu?

When you exit out of a particular game, you go to a screen with the Tutorials, and a "Back" choice. Choose "Back", and that gets you to the Main Menu. Select "Settings" from there. It's different from the other Settings screens.

There are single-piece large wings designed for just that sort of craft. Depending on just how big your plane is, you may need lots. In general, the closer to the fuselage the wing attaches, the stronger it is, and in my experience once you get more than about 3 blocks out there's no structural strength to speak of.

Other thoughts: More engines, close to the fuselage under the wing, will tend to decrease the loading on liftoff. KSP prefers planes shaped like hotdogs to planes shaped like T's. If you are still having trouble add at least one wing on each side of each fuselage piece to help balance the loading and reduce strain on your main wings and the other fuselage pieces. A plane built like a series of flying train cars can be much larger than a plane that places all its forces on one fuselage piece.

20 hours ago, bewing said:

When you exit out of a particular game, you go to a screen with the Tutorials, and a "Back" choice. Choose "Back", and that gets you to the Main Menu. Select "Settings" from there. It's different from the other Settings screens.

On 8/3/2019 at 8:32 PM, Chryssalid 8492 said:

That means go to settings in main menu and press auto strutting.

But I am really sorry where is the auto strutting button. Or maybe can you guys attach some pictures?

Sorry for so many questions.

32 minutes ago, P Express Space & Sky Dept said:

That means go to settings in main menu and press auto strutting.

But I am really sorry where is the auto strutting button. Or maybe can you guys attach some pictures?

Sorry for so many questions.

Right click the part you want to add it.Click Autostrut until it turns to Grandparent.(After you enable advanced tweakables from the game settings) 

You can do that while in editor and in flight and in orbit.

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.