[1.3.x - 1.12.x Kopernicus WIP/PROTO] Far Lands, Galaxy Megaproject

Meid

18 hours ago, ILoveStars said:

Dael?

Yup. Overhauled it. I always intended it to be a Earth Like, but with not much water on it's surface, but it was a mars like for a bit.

On 8/30/2019 at 12:00 PM, "Our Benefactors" said:

Yup. Overhauled it. I always intended it to be a Earth Like, but with not much water on it's surface, but it was a mars like for a bit.

Yeah. I saw that scatterer image of Dael.

Although now it's a lot like Torias.

Release is of Khepri is going to take longer than anticipated, and even then it will still be a Beta Release. The alpha is out to a few select people at the moment, and the sooner they get testing I can be assured that the

Back at work again! Today's development news is 2 new moons for Nux. One is a boring asteroid, the other is a carbonia world.

screenshot188.png

You might want to not use engines, the ocean is made out of flammable oil

screenshot192.png

Stay woke

Edited by "Our Benefactors"

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2019 at 8:10 PM, "Our Benefactors" said:

Back at work again! Today's development news is 2 new moons for Nux. One is a boring asteroid, the other is a carbonia world.

screenshot188.png

You might want to not use engines, the ocean is made out of flammable oil

screenshot192.png

Stay woke

Dang I might be able to set this whole frickn moon on fire

sounds like a great idea for a video, although KSP could crash.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:53 PM, ILoveStars said:

Dang I might be able to set this whole frickn moon on fire

sounds like a great idea for a video, although KSP could crash.

Oh wait there is probs no oxygen so nvm

On 10/14/2019 at 10:50 AM, ILoveStars said:

Oh wait there is probs no oxygen so nvm

Yes, so the combustion can not take place. If you have Explodium Engines Installed you can use them there similar to jet engines, but instead of liquid fuel you have to use oxidizer. The moon was designed with this in mind, as it would be interesting to fly a jet on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/3/2019 at 7:41 PM, "Our Benefactors" said:

BETA 0.4 of Core is out!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x2JVzPxPHWW7TmZNyGBFSha9nfZJk0R-

Please report any bugs you get to me!

core give me black KSC

uOUXBwE.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401929260693979169/663741366165176350/KSP.log

Edited by ssd21345

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Mangu said:

Dang! This isn't getting enough love, I just found this and it looks amazing!

Haha thanks! Development is kinda slow at the moment, but I should release stuff... Soon...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I've been really hesitant to work on the mod a lot recently because im a bit stuck with textures. I want to make sure the mod has at least some quality when it comes to textures, and ik the project is ambitious but i really dont want this to be the next doubledouble or something so i want to recode the mod from scratch, completely new textures and all. I also want to have no vanilla textures present, which tosses my coronae textures and sunspot maps out of the window. im basically looking for a more reliable way to make them to look realistic as well as high quality. If anyone has any experience or ideas of how to create new ones or improve the current ones any help would be grealy appriciated. I really want to work on this mod yet am completely stuck in development, and this isnt the first time ive had something like this happen as well which haulted development. Ive been working on far lands on and off for a year now, and have barely anything to show for it.

Just now, Starhelperdude said:

hot ringy boi

Indeed :D

Planet's called Mehr, it replaces Kaj, which is the first planet of Khnum

Tidally Locked as well. enjoy the lava lakes.

On 8/2/2020 at 6:36 AM, "Our Benefactors" said:

So I've been really hesitant to work on the mod a lot recently because im a bit stuck with textures. I want to make sure the mod has at least some quality when it comes to textures, and ik the project is ambitious but i really dont want this to be the next doubledouble or something so i want to recode the mod from scratch, completely new textures and all. I also want to have no vanilla textures present, which tosses my coronae textures and sunspot maps out of the window. im basically looking for a more reliable way to make them to look realistic as well as high quality. If anyone has any experience or ideas of how to create new ones or improve the current ones any help would be grealy appriciated. I really want to work on this mod yet am completely stuck in development, and this isnt the first time ive had something like this happen as well which haulted development. Ive been working on far lands on and off for a year now, and have barely anything to show for it.

Have you looked at procedural textures in Blender or Substance Designer?  I had played around with the idea for some 3D modelling in Blender for a personal project a couple of years ago.  My own efforts weren't very good, but I had browsed through this course and always thought that some of their work could be applied to KSP:

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 12:13 AM, hemeac said:

Have you looked at procedural textures in Blender or Substance Designer?  I had played around with the idea for some 3D modelling in Blender for a personal project a couple of years ago.  My own efforts weren't very good, but I had browsed through this course and always thought that some of their work could be applied to KSP:

This course is sadly like $45 USD and therefore i dont think it would be very beneficial unless we somehow got a free copy. (/shrug)

8 hours ago, Noah the Smol said:

This course is sadly like $45 USD and therefore i dont think it would be very beneficial unless we somehow got a free copy. (/shrug)

I personally feel it is important to support people who invest their time into projects like these (if I think I will find them useful), but in full disclosure, these convictions have strengthened after my time as a poor university student.  For me, I was looking to learn a bit more in depth about using procedural nodes within Blender and it gave me about 15 hours of fun playing around with it.  Thus the price per hour for me was better than going out to see $45 worth of films (if cinemas were open to see films...).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.