[1.8.1] Real Exoplanets v0.9.6 [04/03/2020]

Andi K.

On 11/22/2019 at 7:16 PM, tychochallenge said:

Do you have any plans to add some rogue planets or brown dwarfs? Cause that would be awesome!

That is something I plan on doing. There are some pretty close by brown dwarfs such as Luhman 16 which I plan to add.

Also, I do technically have a working version of REX 0.9, but I want to have some time to test through absolutely everything to make sure that everything is functioning properly, as there are some pretty major changes to REX coming.

2 hours ago, Sky! (Big nerd) said:

Hey, I seem to be struggling to unzip the file, when I attempt with Winrar I get a warning message saying that "The archive is either in unknown format or damaged", and 7-zip isn't any better. I tried redownloading it but that also doesn't appear to be working.

What is the size of the zip file?

1 hour ago, Sky! (Big nerd) said:

I can't seem to get it to download correctly from the spacedock link, it downloads super slowly then when it finishes it doesn't complete the installation.

That's the same situation for me. The file takes a really long time and fails halfway through. Eventually when it finishes,  I load up ksp and it doesn't work because the installation was incomplete.

Edited by Bonbo

17 minutes ago, Bonbo said:

That's the same situation for me. The file takes a really long time and fails halfway through. Eventually when it finishes,  I load up ksp and it doesn't work because the installation was incomplete.

That is so strange because I've downloaded it on two different computers and on both it works totally fine. I have no idea why this is happening if I'm honest. I'm going to try something tomorrow.

4 minutes ago, AndrewDraws said:

That is so strange because I've downloaded it on two different computers and on both it works totally fine. I have no idea why this is happening if I'm honest. I'm going to try something tomorrow.

Perhaps try quickly linking a dropbox or github link instead? 

10 hours ago, Bonbo said:

Just so I can figure out if you two are experiencing the same problem, can you post a screenshot of your gamedata folder so I can make sure that you installed everything correctly?

Also, it should take quite a bit for the file to download given that it's 1.2 GB

9 hours ago, Sky! (Big nerd) said:

Perhaps try quickly linking a dropbox or github link instead? 

Here's a link to the same file but on dropbox. Tell me what happens

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oy03u7nh1moqbaf/REX 0.9.zip?dl=0

I don't have any problems with the file size, but for all of the new stars, the flare is completely seperated from the actual star itself, as seen in the picture.

https://imgur.com/a/c5xFayL

Also for some reason Europa, Enceladus and some similar moons look a lot darker than they do in real life photos.

57 minutes ago, tychochallenge said:

I don't have any problems with the file size, but for all of the new stars, the flare is completely seperated from the actual star itself, as seen in the picture.

https://imgur.com/a/c5xFayL

Also for some reason Europa, Enceladus and some similar moons look a lot darker than they do in real life photos.

That is a bug that only appears in the tracking station/map view. If you actually send something over there, the flares are not separated from the star.

As for the moons being dim, keep in mind that the images you see of planets/moons, especially ones in the outer solar system, have been brightened so that features are more clear and so that the image is more appealing. I had to change the Sun's light intensity curve since by default the Sun's brightness extends infinitely. 

On 11/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, AndrewDraws said:

That's not true. I'll just release it for 1.7.3

On 8/24/2019 at 4:57 PM, [email protected] said:

Good news. I'm glad that its compatible with rss. thank you.

Real Solar Sytem has been released for KSP 1.7.3 for some time. Should the current Real Exoplanets 0.9 version be compatilbe with KSP 1.7.3?

Edited by FreeThinker

49 minutes ago, FreeThinker said:

Real Solar Sytem has been released for KSP 1.7.3 for some time. Should the current Real Exoplanets 0.9 version be compatilbe with KSP 1.7.3?

I'm making it compatible with 1.7.3 as we speak. Only a few things needed to be changed to do that. I'll release an update probably today.

I just grabbed 0.9 from SpaceDock and its fine.
I extracted the file with no issues, and also had 7Zip test it ... vOv
PU190PQ.png

Only took me ~2 mins to download it, tho...
I would guess the issue is with somewhere along @Bonbo's connection to SD... or *possibly*, SD may possibly have an issue with timeouts for peeps on slow/sketchy connections and trying to download *large* files... vOv ..

As to what happened if the dropbox download was installed... idk ... vOv

just sayin it definatley doesnt seem to be an issue with the file on SD. (unless you missed something during the release packaging, Andrew :P ) I didnt actually install and run the mod.

Edited by Stone Blue

15 hours ago, Bonbo said:

Thanks. Now, if you go into Logs/Kopernicus there should be a bunch of logs for individual planets and stars. Could you send me the logs for Alpha Centauri A, Alpha Centauri B, Proxima Centauri, Teegarden's Star, Barnard's Star, Tau Ceti and TRAPPIST-1? Actually, just send me the log for Alpha Centauri

42 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

I just grabbed 0.9 from SpaceDock and its fine.
I extracted the file with no issues, and also had 7Zip test it ... vOv
PU190PQ.png

Only took me ~2 mins to download it, tho...
I would guess the issue is with somewhere along @Bonbo's connection to SD... or *possibly*, SD may possibly have an issue with timeouts for peeps on slow/sketchy connections and trying to download *large* files... vOv ..

As to what happened if the dropbox download was installed... idk ... vOv

just sayin it definatley doesnt seem to be an issue with the file on SD. (unless you missed something during the release packaging, Andrew :P ) I didnt actually install and run the mod.

I think the issues @Bonbo and @Sky! (Big nerd) are having are separate from each other. Sky seems to be having some sort of problem with actually downloading the file, while Bonbo doesn't seem to have that problem.

In fact, I think I already know the problem Bonbo is having. I was having a similar problem to him when I was updating REX to 1.7.3, but not in 1.6.1, and I think it's because I was using an older version of Kopernicus when I was testing it in 1.6.1.

Edited by AndrewDraws

9 hours ago, AndrewDraws said:

I'm making it compatible with 1.7.3 as we speak. Only a few things needed to be changed to do that. I'll release an update probably today.

woooow really feeling the 1.7.3 hype!!! this is awesome Andrew thank you for your work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.