[1.8.1] Real Exoplanets v0.9.6 [04/03/2020]

Andi K.

• 2 months later...

Hello! Just wanted to say how much I enjoy this mod!
The detail present on the exoplanets is breath-taking. I use Interstellar Extended, and this planet pack has made my playthrough much more enjoyable.
Excellent work.

On 3/5/2021 at 1:35 AM, TheSaintJiub said:

Is there a version without every planet having an atmosphere, because every planet having one really takes away from realism.

all the plantets in this pack are really quite large, and for those planets that likely have their atmospheres stripped, we either have a proof it has an atmo or is a super earth.

Is there a way to reenable the Orbit lines for the stars or how can I disable the orbit lines of other Stars. Cause I'm using a couple of other extrasolar packs and its a bit odd seeing some with orbit rings and some without.

On 3/16/2021 at 8:58 AM, Scottmm78 said:

Is there a way to reenable the Orbit lines for the stars or how can I disable the orbit lines of other Stars. Cause I'm using a couple of other extrasolar packs and its a bit odd seeing some with orbit rings and some without.

Yes, you go to the config of the stars, in the orbit node, you remove the mode = 0 line

After more then 150k years of flight(time and orbital phase angles edited to reduce orbital krakening due to floating point inaccuracies) and 29 gravity assists in the trappist1 system, I finally managed to captured into trappist1d's orbit, with just aerocapture.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everything seems to be working in 1.11.1, however both of what I assume are Barnard's and Teegarden's Star are named "Kerman's Star" and both have a planet named "Kerman b" which is quite confusing. I gather its intentional by the tool tips, though it not reflected on this forum. I don't understand why that is desirable.

Edited by Wookyskill

4 hours ago, Wookyskill said:

Everything seems to be working in 1.11.1, however both of what I assume are Barnard's and Teegarden's Star are named "Kerman's Star" and both have a planet named "Kerman b" which is quite confusing. I gather its intentional by the tool tips, though it not reflected on this forum. I don't understand why that is desirable.

Good to hear, I've been afraid to move from 1.7/1.8 in case these mods don't work.

The naming is just a quirk by the author, I edited the names in my REX_StockNames.cfg file to avoid confusion in Tracking/Science.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work!!!Thank you to make interstellar transportation in KSP possible!Great achievement:D

And I've noticed that when REX installed with RSSVE and scatter,the position of star light sources caused by scatter config of RSSVE(probably former) aren't fit with those stars themselves(except Sun),so there would be two light sources in one galaxy...

Here is an example of TRAPPIST system(all the stars except Sun have this problem,but this one is the most severely shifted):

jMLx598.png

So when a planet is at an angle to the real star and the misplaced light source,it may have double twilight line like this(it shows that the real light from the star is darker than the light caused by scatter or RSSVE):

XNg50pM.png

BTW,if you can adjust this light source,I think that you can dim the light from scatter a little bit:P

And another problem only happened on TRAPPIST 1a and 1b(maybe also caused by the light source problem):

There were no texture displayed when observing these planets.

yVZuSXg.png

I have done a minimize testing and it has been sured that it is not caused by other mod interference(maybe sadly there is still something interfered with it in my case because i didn't see anyone post this problem before;.;).

Thank you for maintaining this mod after all!!!

okay so I would like to install this, but before i do, 2 questions:

Number 1: is there a way to rename anything

Number 2: is there a way to move anything

i want the star systems to be in different places with different names on my save (because kerbin isnt earth) but i dont Quite know how.

Edited by DaBakonAder

On 5/11/2021 at 12:52 PM, DaBakonAder said:

okay so I would like to install this, but before i do, 2 questions:

Number 1: is there a way to rename anything

Number 2: is there a way to move anything

i want the star systems to be in different places with different names on my save (because kerbin isnt earth) but i dont Quite know how.

Yes if you don't have RSS installed, use REX_StockNames.cfg to change names.

Regarding placement, the current mod behavior is to place the exoplanets at real distances if you have RSS, and about 1/10th real distance if you are playing stock, which is a fair scaling for reasonable 'interstellar' distance in stock and has worked pretty well for me.

If you want to manually edit positions instead, go to the star's .cfg file in \GameData\RealExoplanets\Systems\ I believe you can change 'semiMajorAxis' value to change how far the stars are from Kerbol.

Edited by RockyRock

I am having a problem with the mod, for some reason, when I install the mod (Real Exoplanets) in CKAN and I start a game (like sandbox, science  or career) i only see white but i can see the UIs.
Can someone help me with this please?

Edited by LievenX

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the forum @wdfg, I have added an English translation to your post because we have a rule that all posts, outside of the international sections require an English translation. The reason we have this rule is because not all browsers and devices support automatic translation.

[Translation]
欢迎来到@wdfg 论坛,我在您的帖子中添加了英文翻译,因为我们规定所有帖子,国际版块以外的帖子都需要英文翻译。我们之所以有这个规则,是因为并非所有浏览器和设备都支持自动翻译。

So I just downloaded the mod but there seems to be a glitch and there’s nothing on the web about it. The suns of the exo planets are bugged. I don’t know how to say it but the Light is in a different spot than the parent star. How do I fix this

On 5/8/2021 at 8:23 PM, F:Canaveral said:

Excellent work!!!Thank you to make interstellar transportation in KSP possible!Great achievement:D

And I've noticed that when REX installed with RSSVE and scatter,the position of star light sources caused by scatter config of RSSVE(probably former) aren't fit with those stars themselves(except Sun),so there would be two light sources in one galaxy...

Here is an example of TRAPPIST system(all the stars except Sun have this problem,but this one is the most severely shifted):

jMLx598.png

So when a planet is at an angle to the real star and the misplaced light source,it may have double twilight line like this(it shows that the real light from the star is darker than the light caused by scatter or RSSVE):

XNg50pM.png

BTW,if you can adjust this light source,I think that you can dim the light from scatter a little bit:P

And another problem only happened on TRAPPIST 1a and 1b(maybe also caused by the light source problem):

There were no texture displayed when observing these planets.

yVZuSXg.png

I have done a minimize testing and it has been sured that it is not caused by other mod interference(maybe sadly there is still something interfered with it in my case because i didn't see anyone post this problem before;.;).

Thank you for maintaining this mod after all!!!

have found a fix for this?

On 6/29/2021 at 10:37 PM, Jimm said:

have found a fix for this?

not yet……I tried to recompile the flare config into scatter's syntax 2 form but didn't work(as a newbie I think there's no coordinate information in its config)

so now I deleted the flare configs of these stars to avoid  annoying bugs.

didn't discover any other errors so far.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using this on ksp 1.12.1, haven’t found any bugs yet, although I haven’t unlocked the warp drives yet so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I also renamed some of the stuff

KERPIST —> FLIPPIST

Tau Ceki —> Pi Ceki

Kerman’s Star (Barnard edition) —> Werner’s Star

These names were made as to remove confusion, and make stuff just sound better 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.