[1.8.1] Real Exoplanets v0.9.6 [04/03/2020]

Andi K.

46 minutes ago, DAXIN said:

:o我已经等不及了,希望作者能早日发布,谢谢

Hey, I'm glad you're excited! Please note that one of the rules on this section of the forums is to speak in English. However, if you want to speak in your native language, there is a Chinese section of the KSP forums!

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/90-chinese-中文/

7 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

Can you add description for the planets in the first page once the mod is done?

I'm a little hesitant to put a description for each planet on the OP since there are a lot of planets. Maybe I'll add a description to each system so that it's a bit more compact.

12 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

Also, would there be at least one habitable planet in the mod?

Yes! There will definitely be one or more habitable planets in REX. Currently, TRAPPIST-1e is the only planet I've made so far that could be considered habitable. I might add more in the future. We'll see :)

13 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

How will this work with stock system?

The stars are positioned heliocentrically, meaning they orbit the Sun. The simplifies things on my end because stellar coordinates IRL are heliocentric, and it also means I don't have to do things such as change the Sun to the galactic center, re-parent Kerbin to an identical copy of the Sun, etc.

The stock version will have kerbalized names and descriptions, and will be scaled down to the same size as the stock system. Other than that, the stock version will be identical to the RSS version.

Just now, Space Nerd said:

How far will the default distance to proxima be?

That's a very good question haha. I haven't decided how the distances to stars will be scaled. More likely than not, I'll have a setting file where people can set their own scale to their liking.

1 hour ago, pingopete said:

I just found this after deciding to revisit KSP after more than 3 years of absence, these planets look absolutely stunning, and very inviting, great work!

Dang I haven't seen you around in forever! I'm glad you like what I'm working on :)

You made RVE didn't you?

9 hours ago, AndrewDraws said:

Dang I haven't seen you around in forever! I'm glad you like what I'm working on :)

You made RVE didn't you?

Yeah, it's been ages, thought I'd give ksp another go after I saw ksp 2 announced and am tempted to revisit rve now people have been playing with crazy high res cloud cube maps while I was gone. When I first started rve I played with the idea of doing exo planets, these look amazing, almost found it hard to believe the screens weren't from space engine! 

Edited by pingopete

Just now, FreeThinker said:

Looks like a tidaly locked planet very close to a star. How hot is it?

Yup exactly. I can't remember exactly how hot it is off the top of my head, but it's definitely very hot.

32 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

Is tau ceti e a steam planet with super deep ocean or a venus type planet?

Also, which planets have liquid on its surface?

Tau Ceti e is a steam planet. The planets with surface liquid are Tau Ceti e (water), Teegarden b (sulfuric acid), TRAPPIST-1b (liquid CO2), TRAPPIST-1d (water), TRAPPIST-1e (water) and TRAPPIST-1f (water).

13 minutes ago, Space Nerd said:

Wait, teegarden b has pure sulfuric acid ocean?

How about magma?

It's not hot enough to have lava on the surface. It's kinda halfway between the temperature of Venus and Earth

TRAPPIST-1d with a slightly more realistic ocean shape and more detail added to the ice sheets:

uuygt3S.png

New Proxima Centauri b map (I do notice the seam btw :P ):

NmSbUBr.png

jc6xZyr.png

Surface of Teegarden c:

QCkwACZ.png

Edited by AndrewDraws

On 8/27/2019 at 1:47 PM, AndrewDraws said:

Yup exactly. I can't remember exactly how hot it is off the top of my head, but it's definitely very hot.

Defenitely need to be higher than 1000K

Edited by FreeThinker

On 8/27/2019 at 4:51 PM, AndrewDraws said:

TRAPPIST-1d with a slightly more realistic ocean shape and more detail added to the ice sheets:

uuygt3S.png

New Proxima Centauri b map (I do notice the seam btw :P ):

NmSbUBr.png

jc6xZyr.png

Surface of Teegarden c:

QCkwACZ.png

Hello Andrew you are really doing a very nice and talent Job here about these Exo planets in TRAPPIST-1:

Here are my comments in a simple and short format, I don't want to overload with more detailed information, but here are the more recent discoveries about them in a short resume:

START TRAPPIST-1: Mass 93.2xJupiter Radius 77618km Density: 90.4g/cm^2 (Esc.Velocity: 552km/s - ASL Gravity: 1961m/s^2) Surface temperature 2516K

• TRAPPIST-1b surface temperature 145C - Iron 41% Silicate 18..4% Water 23.2%(71.8% Similar to Earth) (Esc.Velocity: 10.8km/s - ASL Gravity: 8.29m/s^2)
  • TRAPPIST-1c in an Hot World with temperatures 78.7C and 79.6C - 12.8% Iron 87.2% Silicate (84.9% Similar to Earth) (Esc.Velocity: 11.6km/s - ASL Gravity: 9.88m/s^2)
  • TRAPPIST-1d is an Icy World with temperatures between -17.5C and -89.7C - 23.7 Iron, 14.9% Silicate and 14.5% Water (Esc.Velocity: 6.96km/s - ASL Gravity: 4.95m/s^2)
  • TRAPPIST-1e is an Icy World  temperatures between -9.87C and -13.4C - 41.9%Iron 36.4% Silicate (Esc.Velocity: 10.4km/s - ASL Gravity: 9.56m/s^2)
  • TRAPPIST-1f is an Icy World  temperatures between -50.8C and -48.2C - 48.6% Iron 7.66 Silicate 19.7% Water (Esc.Velocity: 10.7km/s - ASL Gravity: 8.75m/s^2)
  • TRAPPIST-1g is an Icy World  temperatures between -70.4C and -64.5C - 14.7%Iron 78.8%Silicate 6.5%Water (Esc.Velocity: 11.3km/s - ASL Gravity: 8.95m/s^2)
  • TRAPPIST-1h is an Icy World  temperatures between -101C and -90.9C -  39,3% Iron 47.9%Silicate 12.9% Water (Esc.Velocity: 7.4km/s - ASL Gravity: 5.68m/s^2)

Edited by pmborg

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.