Spamming Deployed Science Parts?

Like so many others, I'm annoyed by the nonstop deployed-science message spam.  So I decided I would at least shorten the duration of it, by the simple expedient of spamming experiments.  (I'll get to 100% science, and thus the end of the message-spam, in fewer game-days that way, right?  Heck, at this point I'd be happy getting to 50% to fulfill the contract, so I can send out a crew with crowbars and axes to destroy the dang things...err, I mean, send out trained professionals to gracefully deactivate the experiments!)  I sent a lander to my deployed-science setup, with a scientist, engineer, a couple more Go-Ob consoles, a couple more Ionographers, and another solar power array to keep them running.

It didn't work.  The new (duplicate) experiments refused to function, despite being close to the controller and plenty of power to operate all the hardware.

I concluded that only one of each type of deployed experiment can be operating at a single location.  (Either that, or I did something stupid in deploying the experiments--and I would NEVER make a boneheaded error like that! *shifty-eyes* )

What I'm not immediately clear on is whether only a single instance of each experiment can be deployed on an entire celestial body, only one per biome, only one per controller...?  (If one of the latter two, I can always send out a couple more controllers and set up additional deployed-science stations at different locations.) 

I'm sure by now plenty of people have tried all of the various options, and I'm hoping to learn from your results.  Or should I send out another controller and try setting up a separate station elsewhere on the Mun, and report back on my results?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.