Wrong ship loaded at the launch pad and runway

Hello! Straight to business :)

I'm playing in ps4. Whenever I select a vehicle to launch, be it inside the VAB, SPH or choosing them from space center view, most of the times the game loads the "last" ship I've used, like if I'm tweaking a rocket and add another line of boosters, take out a fuel tank or whatever, then I save the vehicle and select launch and the earlier model appears without the changes I just made. When I go back to VAB the old model appears, but I can load the newer one no problem, although this can happen a couple more times before actually loading the right thing.

This starts small but after happening like 60% of the time it gets really frustrating having to go back to assembly, reloading the vessel, checking crew and hoping for a "hit". I lost more time than I'd like to think thanks to all of this, it gets worse when after 4 trys the ship finally loads and you discover jeb instead of bob on command.

Thankfully if the ship (let's say X2) loads right once it can't revert to the earlier stage anymore (let's say X1), but if you add any change to it, it might revert to X2 back again.

I've been looking around the forum for a bit and the internet for a while and noone else seems to have this problem so I figured I can post it. 

Edited by Xanyus
Whoops! Forgot to add my platform

I'm testing a rover and just reverted to SPH for the sixth time in a row and it keeps loading the prior model, I could've tested several models already and be omw to orbit by now, I get frustrated and take a break every other time it loads wrong because it's really infuriating.

Also having the camera problems, for that I try moving the ship or just launching it as it is to test it but then the same thing happens and it loads the previous model. It's fantastic really.

Oh I also manage to kill kerbals and lose ships when I revert to assembly, I got Valentina KIA while testing a beast rocket on the launchpad along two tourists, thankfully I had a save game just minutes before that for some reason so that's also really fun.

• 1 month later...

I get this issue going from VAB to launch but I've discovered a way to stop it happening.

I always save my ship before I launch.

That save takes a certain amount of time (you see "Saving..." in the top right corner while it's happening) to complete.

Now, if you launch while that "Saving..." info is in the top right corner it's as though the game can't save the current craft into it's auto-save slot (which it appears to try to do on every launch) so it ends up launching the craft that was previously in the auto-save slot.

If I wait for my manual "Saving..." to finish (i.e. "Saving..." disappears) before launching then I always get the new craft at the launch pad and not the previous one.

• 5 weeks later...

Go just a quick note on the camera getting stuck, if you've pressed square on The component list to get the extra information then that moves the right analog stick control from the camera to the scrolling if the extra info menu and it stays there even if you're not in the part select section.

To fix, just go into any of the part sections and get rid of the extra info menu

• 1 month later...

Same here, when I edit a craft in the SPH it loads up an older version of that craft on launch.

Saving and reloading manually then launching seems to fix it.

I also started a new career mode to get the new surface features to appear, and haven't had this issue since with the SPH.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.