Stack adapter mod(s)? and mod to see radial size in part tooltip?

madindehead

I'm currently looking for a mod that adds more stack adapters to the game. I'd like something similar to the stock TVR-400L Stack Quad-Adapter etc. I realise that TweakScale can be used for this (at least I think?) but I don't have it installed and I don't plan on adding it right now (various reasons). 

Are there any out there that add a variety of stack decouplers - like 2 x 2.5m to 5m or even better something that allows some customisation of size and number of connections? Suggestions would be great :) 

The other question: Is there a way to see the radial size of the part in the part list tooltip? I know I can search by radial size but something I find it simpler to just use the function list and to select from there. Having a way to see radial size easily in the tooltip would be great. Is it something that exists now? Or something that can be added via a simple patch or mod? 

All help is appreciated :D

3 hours ago, Tyko said:

Near Future Launch Vehicles has some adaptors. I believe other mods do as well, but can't think of them off the top of my head

I have that already :D 

Just thought though: I should have been more clear - I want stack adapters that do one radial size to multiples of another smaller one - that's why I mentioned the stock one above. I should probably have said cluster adapter or engine cluster! So 2.5m/3.75m/5m to multiple 0.625m/1.25m/2.5m - for example a 3.75m to multiple 1.25m in the style of the stock multi stack adapters. I know engine plates exist but I love the style of those adapters and I wanted to build stuff around them but a bit bigger :) 

16 hours ago, madindehead said:

I have that already :D 

Just thought though: I should have been more clear - I want stack adapters that do one radial size to multiples of another smaller one - that's why I mentioned the stock one above. I should probably have said cluster adapter or engine cluster! So 2.5m/3.75m/5m to multiple 0.625m/1.25m/2.5m - for example a 3.75m to multiple 1.25m in the style of the stock multi stack adapters. I know engine plates exist but I love the style of those adapters and I wanted to build stuff around them but a bit bigger :) 

Just write MM Configs to create new parts to the other scales. You'll have to do some mass and cost calculations, but it would work.

Check the community database for examples of how to do this:  

6 hours ago, Tyko said:

Just write MM Configs to create new parts to the other scales. You'll have to do some mass and cost calculations, but it would work.

Check the community database for examples of how to do this:  

It didn't even cross my mind to check that! Been there a few times for other stuff too. Thanks - there are a few there already :) I'll take a look and see how I get on!

There are parts in there that are exactly what I was looking for! So thanks for that. Just need to workout how to get a few of them to use the texture that the stock part uses :/ 

Edited by madindehead

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.