fire an engine based on servo angle.

please help.

i'm trying to build a piston engine but this only works if i can make a rocket engine fire at top dead center. i have already tried using the cal1000 computer to make the engine fire a one second intervals but this results in the engine being out of sequence 95% of all strokes. i was wondering if anyone can come up with an idea to either make te engine fire only at tdc (by using the angle of a servo) or to interupt the fuel flow when the piston is not at top dead center. 

23 hours ago, Flying dutchman said:

i'm trying to build a piston engine but this only works if i can make a rocket engine fire at top dead center. i have already tried using the cal1000 computer to make the engine fire a one second intervals but this results in the engine being out of sequence 95% of all strokes. i was wondering if anyone can come up with an idea to either make te engine fire only at tdc (by using the angle of a servo) or to interupt the fuel flow when the piston is not at top dead center. 

Assuming that you're talking about the engine driving the object's orientation rather than the servo-- i.e. you're just trying to react passively to the angle the servo happens to be at-- then no, that's not a thing.  The stock game doesn't have any "angle sensors" that you can use to control something like that.

Perhaps there's some mod that might help, though I don't know of any myself.  Maybe go ask in Add-on Discussions?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.