stock piston engine.

RfTRYej.jpg

hey everyone. i'm not much of a writer but more  of a ksp player so i'll keep this short and if you have any questions i will answer them.

what i basically made is a internal combustion piston engine that works in ksp. the great inovation in this one are the interupter plates that block the thrust of the rocket engine when the piston is coming up. that is why you see all of those gears. of course this engine only works when you enable the temp and fuel cheat but i don't think that at least the first one is avoidable.

it turns at around 100 rpm. i made 2 versions: a 2 cylinder and a 4 cylinder. however the last one proved to be not much of an improvement.

in the pictures you will also see i integrated it into a vehicle ( i basically put some oversized wheels under it and a propellor on the crank pulley.

5NrV5NN.jpg

bvJnPFf.jpg

71PWunA.jpg

3dLSsjA.jpg

Ggzg8jK.jpg

c5pibft.jpg

f5I9P6Y.jpg

EN5wE4X.jpg

4AO3b3n.jpg

C6irx9U.jpg

QwLxxcy.jpg

US12htx.jpg

21 hours ago, Azimech said:

Good work. For temperature management and efficiency may I suggest jet engines?

This might help. Don't know if it still runs under 1.7.3, it's quite old.

https://kerbalx.com/Azimech/77I--V4-Diesel-Type-A-v10

Yes jet engines would have been better but my new design utilizes them. I did not realise before that when you have the motors engaged on the rotors that this creates a lot of resistance :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.