Jump to content

[1.7.X] EventHorizon v1.0 - A Blackhole System inspired by the movie Interstellar (with functional wormholes)


GrandProtectorDark
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, chalupaul said:

What version of kopernicus do I need to play this? Downloading the newest throws an error on the startup screen saying kopernicus couldn't load the custom planet pack. Error in the kopernicus log is sadly unhelpful: [LOG 00:17:04]: [Kopernicus]: Configuration.Loader: Failed to load Body: EventHorizon/Izetta: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

It's already been said by ohers, but are you sure you've installed all parts of the mod correctly?
Gotten the appropriate version of Kopernikus for the KSP version you are using?
Gotten the newest available of all dependencies?
Opened the gamedata inside the download zipfile and transferred the mod folder from that GameData into KSPs GameData?
(a common mistake for some is it to just unzip the download zip file and putting that into KSPs GameData, which messes up parts of the mod that are dependent on files being at a certain filepath location)
This would be an example of how you correctly install a mod out a zip file
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, chalupaul said:

Yeah, it's probably just interop problems. I have kopernicus 1.8.1-1, running ksp 1.9.1. Definitely hav ethe newest version of all deps. It looks like the people that "have it running" are using older ksp stuff, so it's whatever.

And you should try it on a 1.8.1 install, using the official Kopernicus for 1.8.1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What @linuxgurugamersaid.

Kopernicus is version locked. Each version works only on its corresponding version of the game. Therefore unfortunately you'll never get it working if using conflicting versions, even if the dependencies are fine. This, as a rule, is the same for all planet packs since they all rely on kopernicus, the versions have to match.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2020 at 4:11 AM, chalupaul said:

Yeah, it's probably just interop problems. I have kopernicus 1.8.1-1, running ksp 1.9.1. Definitely hav ethe newest version of all deps. It looks like the people that "have it running" are using older ksp stuff, so it's whatever.

Kopernicus is so complex that you just have to change the game code an iota so that it says "NOPE".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 3:12 AM, MacLuky said:

I am about to make a delta-v map of this, but since I am lazy I am going to ask first if someone else did this ;-)

As far as i know no one has done it, it would be very useful to have one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll see what I can do, I may have warp tech by the time I reach it though ;-)  We've only discovered the first entry point: 

So far I've been thinking on how to visualize it, since the wormholes mess up the usual design. I think I will start with the entry point from Jool and then take the different lanes.

Edited by MacLuky
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MacLuky said:

I'll see what I can do, I may have warp tech by the time I reach it though ;-)  We've only discovered the first entry point: 

So far I've been thinking on how to visualize it, since the wormholes mess up the usual design. I think I will start with the entry point from Jool and then take the different lanes.

Cool, start it like from different jool orbits 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Fenrir_Norse said:

hello, I would like to know if this mod works in 1.8.1? thank you

Welcome to our forum. :)

Not meaning to greet you grumpily, but please post in English when not using the international subforums. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Fenrir_Norse said:

bonjour, j'aimerais savoir si ce mod marche en 1.8.1 ? merci

Yes, it works on 1.8.1

On 4/29/2020 at 4:44 AM, Kostas23 said:

Does this mod support Environmental Visual Enhancements?

 

Sadly it doesn’t, but it will.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Drupegod02 said:

i installed Kopernicus with ckan so?

how did you install Event Horizon.

The issue you described, with the game loading into a black screen but with the menu music playing, sounds like something that could be caused by the game failing to place a celestial body around a parent celestial body.
The cause of that could be that the parent body is unable to load, because it cannot find its assets at the designated filepath, which can be caused by an incorrect installation of the mod

 

25 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

To remove the wormholes, I just delete the corresponding .cfg files, right?

If you don't want wormholes at all, you need to remove the following files

  • Under "EventHorizon\Configs"
    Wormhole-A to Wormhole-D2
  • Under "EventHorizon\Patches"
    WormholePatch (because it is useless without wormholes)
  • Under "EventHorizon\PluginData"
    star.dds (also not needed without wormholes)
  • Under "KopernicusExpansion\Plugins"
    Delete KEX-Wormholes.dll, because you don't really need it. 
Edited by GrandProtectorDark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

how did you install Event Horizon.

The issue you described, with the game loading into a black screen but with the menu music playing, sounds like something that could be caused by the game failing to place a celestial body around a parent celestial body.
The cause of that could be that the parent body is unable to load, because it cannot find its assets at the designated filepath, which can be caused by an incorrect installation of the mod

 

 

I installed Event Horizon from GitHub and i Dragged the Event Horizon GameData file  into the KSP GameData file

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Drupegod02 said:

I installed Event Horizon from GitHub and i Dragged the Event Horizon GameData file  into the KSP GameData file

For clarification, you put the content from within that gamedata into ksps gamedata, or did you place that gamedata into ksps gamedata?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

For clarification, you put the content from within that gamedata into ksps gamedata, or did you place that gamedata into ksps gamedata?

I placed that gamedata into ksps gamedata

Edited by Drupegod02
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Drupegod02 said:

I placed that gamedata into ksps gamedata?

If you have "KerbalSpaceProgram/GameData/GameData/EventHorizon", then that is where it went wrong.

You are supposed to Open the Zip, Open the GameData that is inside the downloaded Zip, copy the content from withing that GameData into KSPs GameData.
GameData within GameData is a big no-no.
These exact instructions are found on the First page of this thread
 

Quote
  1. Download the mod from the link above
  2. Download the mod Kopernicus, as it is required for this mod to work.
    https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/
  3. Locate the "Kerbal Space Program" folder
    If you are using steam, then you can find the steam folder by right clicking KSP in Steam, then selecting properties 
    , then browse local files.
  4. Open both downloaded zip files, then open their GameData folders. Copy the content inside those GameData's into into "Kerbal Space Program\GameData"
    KSP's GameData should look like this now

                   -CTTP
                   -EventHorizon
                   -INSTANTIATOR
                   -Kopernicus
                   -KopernicusExpansion
                   -ModularFlightIntegrator
                   Squad
                   [Any other mod you want to use alongside this]
                   -ModuleManager
    Should you already have KopernicusExpansion from a previous mod, merge it. But don't override files if it prompts you to.
    Note:KopernicusEpxansion from version 1.6.1 and bellow don't work with 1.7.1 and higher

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...