[1.12.X] EventHorizon v1.1 - A Blackhole System inspired by the movie Interstellar (with functional wormholes) (and Gravitational Lensing)

GrandProtectorDark

3 minutes ago, Drupegod02 said:

when i was copying the files to the KSP GameData, it said replace files or dont, i chose do not replace files  so will i be fine?

If you already have, Kopernicus/ModularFlightIntegrator/CTTP/ModuleManager/INSTANTIATOR then you don't need to replace them.
If you already have, KopernicusExpansion, I'd still do replace for that one (KopX comes in Modules and not ever Planetmaker uses all of them. Doing "replace" will merge it actually)

I know that EventHorizon doesn't change the stock system but in my saved game the stock system is replaced with BeyondHome. I want to know that if i add EventHorizon and load into that save, if it will corrupt or mess up anything

18 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

Which ones?
Fuego and Pneuma are too hot for kerbals to survive in the lowlands.
But those are the only ones that are supposed to do that

when i landed on mirt with a spaceplane i made 2 kerbals exit and they died once they made contact with Mirt's red ground and when i landed on algal my kerbals died when they exited the lander and touched the surface

Edited by Drupegod02

2 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

when i landed on mirt with a spaceplane i made 2 kerbals exit and they died once they made contact with Mirt's red ground and when i landed on algal my kerbals died when they exited the lander and touched the surface

That's rather odd. Honestly don't know what could be causing that

You need to have a crewed vessel and a probe that has local control capabilities 

so you have a base in let’s say mirt and you can control probes from there instead of the space center 

not all command pods or probe cores can do that though

31 minutes ago, Hpl said:

You need to have a crewed vessel and a probe that has local control capabilities 

so you have a base in let’s say mirt and you can control probes from there instead of the space center 

not all command pods or probe cores can do that though

I have no clue what you told me

1 hour ago, Hpl said:

Certain command pods can control certain probe cores locally if they are crewed, even if neither of both has a connection to the space center

what does that mean? Im the type of person to just build huge rockets and land on different planets, plant flags, and do science.

20 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

does anyone know any good mods for antennas? whenever i try to transmit data from Cooper and Murph, it keeps saying im out of range.

You'll want to add Science Relay which will let you transmit science to other vessels that possess a science lab or other proper science storage. This reduces the need for a direct connection to KSC and allows you to dedicate a ship just to have science processing and as much antenna as necessary to reach Kerbin, without compromising the mobility of your explorer ships.

You'll want to look into NF Exploration (for its reflectors) and JX2 or DMagic Orbital Science for their most powerful antenna. The NFX Reflectors support these, I think, and boost their range... but Event Horizon may be far beyond the ability of that range boost. After that the next option is to install KSP Interstellar and delete everything except its antennas. But good luck with that.

5 hours ago, Hpl said:

Certain command pods can control certain probe cores locally if they are crewed, even if neither of both has a connection to the space center

What's being explained here is that some command pods or probe cores allow for control point hops. As long as you have a ship with a good enough antenna, the proper command feature (and probably, certain crew), you can do full control of any unmanned vessels with a connection to this ship. It's like having a limited feature space center in the remote system. The stock 2.5m drone core is one such part.

Getting back to the Science Relay suggestion, you also have option of setting up a dedicated science return ship, that, when it's full, you can send this back through the worm hole to the stock system and finally transmit to Kerbin with ease.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.