[1.12.X] EventHorizon v1.1 - A Blackhole System inspired by the movie Interstellar (with functional wormholes) (and Gravitational Lensing)

GrandProtectorDark

On 2/20/2022 at 10:20 PM, Cody33333 said:

I have done everything to install the mod as instructed but when I start the game it doesnt show murph or anything on the tracking station not even the wormholes I am also using 1.7.2 And I used the version 1.0 of the mod. Please help

So, on my copy here is what I have.

I have, obviously, Kopernicus. this is the 1.12.1 version according to the version file.

Kopernicus requires Module Manager. My version is module manager 4.2.1. Pretty much all mods come with Module Manager included.

Kopernicus also requires (and come with) Module Flight Intergrator. 

I also have INSTANTIATOR and CTTP installed. I believe these come within Event Horizon.

Then I have Event Horizon itself. This is the 1.0 version for KSP 1.7 and up.

I also have Module Manager Watchdog. This is for KSP 1.8. and up.

Try these and see.

Here are the links I could find.

http://ksp.lisias.net/add-ons/ModuleManager/WatchDog/

If you want to use the wormholes, you need Kopernicus Expansion. Download it separately as the one included doesn't work on KSP 1.10 and above I believe.

https://github.com/VabienArt/KopernicusExpansion-Continueder/releases/tag/beta6.1-1.10

Let me know if you are able to get it working.

*I also have Making Less History. I don't think it's needed but I will just mention it just in case.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Always loved this mod!

I do have a question though:

I'm doing some testing with mods and I have a Career mode save that has Event Horizon installed.
I am trying to uninstall the mod (I'm wanting to remove it for now and add it back at a later date when my career is more advanced) but any time I uninstall the mod (removing all files and folders that were included in the zipped file) the next time I load the save game, none of my ships are still in flight (except the crafts marked as Debris for some reason) and the time is reset back to Year 1 Day 1. Then, when trying to load a previous save file, the console is flooded with NullReffrences.

Reinstalling the mod again clears up the issue and the save file loads like normal.

I'm not sure if there are any extra steps that I need to take before uninstalling the mod or if it's just some strange conflict with another mod. (If it's the latter, I don't expect anyone to know the answer off the bat, I can share mod list and such at another time).

Don't have access to mod list or logs at this time but I figured I'd type this up now (since it will have to be approved by a moderator).

EDIT: Moderators rule! Post was approved in minutes!

Edited by TheWireLord

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 1:14 PM, Elidnas said:

So, on my copy here is what I have.

I have, obviously, Kopernicus. this is the 1.12.1 version according to the version file.

Kopernicus requires Module Manager. My version is module manager 4.2.1. Pretty much all mods come with Module Manager included.

Kopernicus also requires (and come with) Module Flight Intergrator. 

I also have INSTANTIATOR and CTTP installed. I believe these come within Event Horizon.

Then I have Event Horizon itself. This is the 1.0 version for KSP 1.7 and up.

I also have Module Manager Watchdog. This is for KSP 1.8. and up.

Try these and see.

Here are the links I could find.

http://ksp.lisias.net/add-ons/ModuleManager/WatchDog/

If you want to use the wormholes, you need Kopernicus Expansion. Download it separately as the one included doesn't work on KSP 1.10 and above I believe.

https://github.com/VabienArt/KopernicusExpansion-Continueder/releases/tag/beta6.1-1.10

Let me know if you are able to get it working.

*I also have Making Less History. I don't think it's needed but I will just mention it just in case.

I've installed these and they seem to work fine except for INSTANTIATOR. I don't get the disks at all anymore

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, haydne said:

[I am angry] nothing is even in the game and i followed the instructions word for word to try get this to work but it doesnt

That is unfortunate but please remember that mod makers are unpaid volunteers and due a degree of politeness and consideration for the work they offer the community. 

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the Event horizon mod as told in the instructions. Although I think i did the job properly.... the black hole seems a bit disturbed when i look at it from the tracking station. Here's a image.

KerbalSpaceProgram03.png

Also.. when i zoom in or out on this thing, it flickers like a light bulb going through voltage fluctuations.(:|). IDK what to do here.. but i really liked this mod when i was playing on ksp 1.11.0. Is there an way to fix this for good?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there! I would send a dm, but as I recently made I new account I don't have the 5 posts needed to do so. I looked at the license, but the text below states that any images in the mod that were made by you can not be used outside of this mod. I am trying to get back into KSP modding, and wanted to make a simple mod that replaces Kerbol with a black hole. Would it be possible if I could use your disk texture with credit, or should I try to make my own? Additionally, if I were to be able to use the texture, how would you want me to license the mod? 

Thanks so much! - Continuum

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this is actually a very well made add-on

One small problem, I cant seem to get the disks/rings around the black hole to show, I'm fairly certain its instantiator that handles it, I've tried installing that separately, but I still cant seem to see any visuals, any advice?

• 2 weeks later...

I have now risen from the dead to provide the first ever update to this mod.
Also the last ever update to this mod. 
It took this long to provide an update because I Initially had grand plans for updates, but ended up never having the focus or motivation to follow through. Pushing this mod on an eternal bench limbo:
But I still think I owe this mod at least one last compatibility update.

Primary focus of this update is changing  outdated Instantiator implementation of Murph and instead using the Singularity mod, which provides proper Gravitational Lensing.

Changes:

1. Removed instantiator as a dependency.
  2. Gravitational lensing shader added to Murph and Wormholes, done via Singularity
  3. Due to no longer being Constrained by instatiator, Murph is now huge and massive.
  4. Orbital Adjustments for Klaus and Cooper and also all planets in the Murph System
  5. Izetta no longer exists, I just didn't like it.
  6. Added a new Gas Giant around Murph.
  7. Updated the Included Kopernicus Expansion mod.

The Update can be found here.
https://github.com/GrandProtectorDark/Event-Horizon/releases/tag/1.1

• 3 months later...

There's a problem with Murph: it hasn't any acceleration disks. It probably caused  by lack of Singularity (my laptop just can't handle ksp with it). I found sprites of  disk in a mod and tried to fix their lack with instantiator, but nothing changed

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 2:53 PM, Bruhiosaurus said:

There's a problem with Murph: it hasn't any acceleration disks. It probably caused  by lack of Singularity.

Yes, The current iteration of this mod uses the Accretion disk feature supplied by Singularity.  

Thie current iteration if this mod is also not intended to be used without the gravitational lensing shader provided by Singularity.

On 6/20/2023 at 2:53 PM, Bruhiosaurus said:

. I found sprites of  disk in a mod and tried to fix their lack with instantiator, but nothing changed

Instantiator alone will not do anything on its own. You would require a specific config that contains the information that tells the mod what to do. The first release of this mod had such a config. The current release does not.

However just using the instantiator config from the old version with the new version of the mod, will not quite work.

Old Murph was at the size limit of what instantiator could do without weird graphical glitches.

Singularity supports a far far larger black hole, thus using the old instantiator config will result in a hilariously undersized Accretion disk (probably too small to poke out of the event Horizon).

You will require further tweaks if you want to make it work anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.