About my Mun mission

TheJoolian

My rocket was a Saturn V replica and i was playing on 1.5 version. So i launch the rocket, peform a orbit burn, munar injection, docking with the lunar module and land near an easter egg. Yes, i landed near an easter egg. It was one of the 3 Mun archs on Mun. When i see the easter egg, i was suprised, because i didn't see an easter egg in my front. I was thinking if i could pass near him and plant a flag, but i didn't, cuz i was scared if my kerbonaut dies in EVA flying with EVA proprellant. So i decided that i will plant my flag where i landed, getting back and rendezvousing with the CSM, docking again, transfering the kerbonauts, undocking the LM, injecting to return to Kerbin, taking my notes, re-entry the atmosphere, deploying the parachute and land.

That's it! :P

So yeah! I was just doing my Mun mission normally and a Mun arch had appeared in my front while i landed on Mun's East Crater. That was my happy moment as a Kerbal Space Program player.

Welcome to the forum @TheJoolian!  Saturn V replica's are really good missions, as you get to take inspiration from real life and inject it into your own take with the limitations that the KSP parts bring.  It really makes people think of some ingenious design and aesthetic solutions!

Did you take any screenshots of your mission?  People love reading about people's missions (as evidenced by this forum) but its even better when we can reference imagery against what your mission report is.  Not essential, just increases interest from other users, especially if your rocket is particularity well designed.

Good luck with your happy moments in KSP.  May you have many more.

SM - Still don't think I've been to the Mun arch!

Edited by Speeding Mullet
spelling

23 minutes ago, Speeding Mullet said:

Welcome to the forum @TheJoolian!  Saturn V replica's are really good missions, as you get to take inspiration from real life and inject it into your own take with the limitations that the KSP parts bring.  It really makes people think of some ingenious design and aesthetic solutions!

Did you take any screenshots of your mission?  People love reading about people's missions (as evidenced bbyt his forum) but its even better when we can reference imagery against what your mission report is.  Not essential, just increases interest from other users, especially if your rocket is particularity well designed.

Good luck with your happy moments in KSP.  May you have many more.

SM - Still don't think I've been to the Mun arch!

Thanks a lot! But i can't take screenshots, i'am playing in another computer. I'am using a Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit from my father and a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit from my aunt. Thats the problem. I have only have a old version of KSP and i want a 32 bit newest versions of KSP.

2 hours ago, TheJoolian said:

Thanks a lot! But i can't take screenshots, i'am playing in another computer. I'am using a Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit from my father and a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit from my aunt. Thats the problem. I have only have a old version of KSP and i want a 32 bit newest versions of KSP.

Welcome to the forum!  

I also use Win7 but I play in 64-bit and have for several years with no problems.  So Win7 won't stop you using 64-bit.  KSP no longer supports 32-bit anyway.  I know 1.7+ doesn't even have the 32-bit .exe file.  So go ahead and upgrade KSP and play it in 64-bit.

Will it run on a 32 bit operating system though? IDK, but I'm pretty sure 32 bit operating systems can't run 64 bit programs. The 64 version of W7 will be fine, but not the 32 bit version. 

23 minutes ago, Tw1 said:

Will it run on a 32 bit operating system though? IDK, but I'm pretty sure 32 bit operating systems can't run 64 bit programs. The 64 version of W7 will be fine, but not the 32 bit version. 

well i only have a old version of KSP normally that runs on 32 bit

Edited by TheJoolian
correction

7 minutes ago, TheJoolian said:

well i only have a old version of KSP normally that runs on 32 bit

Yeah, many years ago, they only made one like that. The old 4GB limit caused a lot of crashes, and they no longer make one due to the development time it would take, so I suggest doing what Geschosskopf suggests, and moving to 64 bit on the other computer. Or, stay with the old one if you prefer, some people keep multiple installs of old versions.

We're getting a little  of track for the fanworks subforum though. If you want more answers about versions,  I suggest looking in the support section, where you might find people with better answers. 

9 minutes ago, Tw1 said:

Yeah, many years ago, they only made one like that. The old 4GB limit caused a lot of crashes, and they no longer make one due to the development time it would take, so I suggest doing what Geschosskopf suggests, and moving to 64 bit on the other computer. Or, stay with the old one if you prefer, some people keep multiple installs of old versions.

We're getting a little  of track for the fanworks subforum though. If you want more answers about versions,  I suggest looking in the support section, where you might find people with better answers. 

Ok i'am using my 64 bit desktop 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.