JNSQ Space Race

At Year 0, Day 0, a few companies made it their mission to explore space. Each one wanted to be the first to go where no kerbal has dared to go, armed only with boosters, struts and a whole lotta luck. But they were not alone in their endeavors, and they would have to compete against one another for mastery of the Kerbol System...

Kudos to Ultimate Steve for the original RSS/RO Space Race, which is absolutely awesome. Go check it out! This is originally made for peeps who really enjoy the RSS Space Race, but really aren't skilled enough for the challenge of RSS. People like me! So feel free to join in.

JNSQ SPACE RACE

Contestant 1: Dressian National Rocketry Association

385nrg.jpg

Created when a group of Universities in Dressia united together to  eat snacks  send a rocket into space. The Dressian government soon noticed them, and gave them funding to help Dressia become a spacefaring nation. Despite a government grant of over:funds:100,000 to develop the required tech,  DNRA remains a private company.

Contestant Two: Agencia Espacial Kanada
(because kerbal backwards Spanish & beer)

Flag of the Kanadian space agency National flag of Kanada

The AEK's tired of building arms and legs for everyone else. Time to reach space on our own, leaving empties on The Mun and beyond. Led by the fearless Chris Kerman, fighter pilot and badS extraordinaire, and backed up by original four-member Bob and his hosehead engineer brother Doug, these kanucks emerge from behind the successes of others to take the spotlight on their own.

Contestant 3:Notebook Space Program

sLRIRri.png

*insert bio here*

Contestant 4: Laythe Initiative

120px-Kerbinmunflag.png 

(sorry, couldn't find a bigger flag)

Contestant 5: Za Warudo! Space Agency

lPVNXkk.png

After Enrico Pucci remade the universe, DIO found his immortal soul adrift shunted into the outer multiverse. Would this be an opportunity for a revival? For a chance for the once godly DIO to resume his conquest of the universe itself? Unfortunately for DIO, he emerged on a minor world, without access to either his vampire or Stand abilities. Reborn as Dio Kerman, DIO would have to rely on his charisma and wit to dominate the new world. While the Kerbals were not respective to displays of brute force, they had an obsession with space travel. In order to get the Kerbals to follow him, Dio muscled his way into the leadership of the Kerbal Space Program, which he renamed after his former Stand, Za Warudo!

Now, to plumb the secrets of the universe and keep his easily distracted minions occupied, Dio would have to begin the conquest of the world, via space.

Contestant 6:  Photon Corporation

3pX6oLL.png

Pending Competitors: No one as of now.

Rules and Mods

The way this race will be judged is through the milestones in Pap1723's Career Evolution Contract pack, one of the mandatory mods of this Space Race. The first person to complete 30 milestones of this pack will win the race! NOTE: This is in Game time, not RL time. Meaning one participant could finish a week before another and not win the race. 

Required mods:

-JNSQ (obviously)

-Career Evolution Contract Pack

-Kerbal Construction Time

-UnKerballed Start & CTT.

-Kronometer

-Plus all their dependencies.

The rest of your mods are up to you! Non-OP parts mods are allowed and encouraged, I'll be using Tantares, Taerobee, CRE and PParts.(among the mess of mods I have)

Oh, and one final thing...  at least one of your 30 milestones has to be kerballed,  doesn't matter  which one, and apart from that one milestone, launch probes to your hearts content!

Coming soonish (I.E when I get this all set up, and we have enough participants.) Reply if you want to join!

Edited by The Dressian Exploder
Yay! More peeps!

Uhm, isn’t JNSQ 1.7+?

ps. It might be a good idea to turn those mod lists into links. I’ve never used Career Evolution Contract Pack and thought I’d check, which I shall now do the usual way :P 

Edited by Jognt

I've already been to Minmus and the Mun in early career in JNSQ using the stock contracts. It must be time for Bob and Doug to expand their horizons. Have to see if I can build that required mod set. 

Considering JNSQ was designed for stock engines that are supposedly overpowered in stock scale but seem just right in 2.5 scale, why use SMURFF?

You may want to increase the required milestones up to 20 or 30, since completing the early space program is already a third of the requirements done. (30 because that’s all of the Kerbin SOI satellite records and Kerbin SOI crew records at the minimum)

2 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

However, JNSQ still refuses to load.

I think I can help with that. When I mess with a Kopernicus planet pack I always start with Kopernicus / MFI / MM first, then test, then add the planet pack alone, then test again. Only if that works do I start piling on the mods and keep an eye towards undoing a step if needed.

I just need some clarification on the required mods list. Career Evolution says it needs an unmanned tech tree to start and then lists three choices, and then you ask us to use Community Tech Tree. Do one of the required unmanned tech trees and CTT conflict? Or do we just use CTT?

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Tech tree requirement question

If you've got suggestions for an alternative planet pack, hit me with 'em

Due to me not being able to get JNSQ working, I've renamed the Thread. For now, at least.

46 minutes ago, Gordon Fecyk said:

I just need some clarification on the required mods list. Career Evolution says it needs an unmanned tech tree to start and then lists three choices, and then you ask us to use Community Tech Tree. Do one of the required unmanned tech trees and CTT conflict? Or do we just use CTT?

We'll be using UnKerballed Start, which uses CTT as a requirement, also for extra clarification, Career evolution doesn't use those three mods as a dependency, but it does need an unkerballed first tech tree. Enter UnKerballed Start.

Edited by The Dressian Exploder
Moar Clarification™

OK, I'm in.

Contestant Two: Agencia Espacial Kanada
(because kerbal backwards Spanish & beer)

Flag of the Kanadian space agency National flag of Kanada

The AEK's tired of building arms and legs for everyone else. Time to reach space on our own, leaving empties on The Mun and beyond. Led by the fearless Chris Kerman, fighter pilot and badS extraordinaire, and backed up by original four-member Bob and his hosehead engineer brother Doug, these kanucks emerge from behind the successes of others to take the spotlight on their own.

Beyond the required add-ons, I'll use Ferram Aerospace Research Continued to make flight a little tougher, and I'll add a final milestone beyond the required ones: Construct a viable single-stage-to-orbit craft for JNSQ Kerbin. And before you doubt this, consider that I've already done it. Just without taking any cargo up yet.

My career settings are default except: DSN modifier is 16x per JNSQ recommendations and stock comnet limitations. Part pressure and gee force limits on. Kerbal gee force limits on. Require signal for probe control. Plasma blackout enabled.

Here's the rest of my mods list. I'll try to add links as time permits:

• Mission requirement mods (Kopernicus, MFI, MM, JNSQ, Contract Configurator, Career Evolution, Community Tech Tree and UnKerballed Start, Kerbal Construction Time)
  • Universe-editing mods (Ferram Aerospace Research Continued)
  • Quality-of-life mods (Kerbal Engineer Redux, Kronometer, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Transfer Window Planner, MemGraph, possibly Bon Voyage later)
  • Visual mods (Environmental Visual Enhancements, Scatterer, RealPlume Stock, Distant Object Enhancement, Texture Replacer)
  • Part mods (None, may add Explodium Breathing Engines and Eve Optimized Engines later)
  • Silly mods (Mun Pocket Edition, Kanadian Dictionary)
  • DLC (Making History and Breaking Ground, depending on rules may avoid using parts from these)

I'll see about starting a new YouTube playlist and posting a link to it here. I've never use KCT before so this should have a considerable impact on my play style.

(Oh, @The Dressian Exploder if you're going to use a full sized flag in the original post, please just use the AEK flag. It'll take less room. Thanks!)

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Providing details for this attempt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.