JNSQ Space Race

Dressian National Rocketry Association

385nrg.jpg

Boy, do we have some catching up to do!

Spoiler

Soon, the Marquis II was launched, attempting to send a Kerbal into the upper atmosphere.

3bvadg.jpg

Overall, the launch was successful, and rather uneventful

3bvaf3.jpg

DNRA's first Polar Satellite was also launched.

3bvah7.jpg

Then, Herb 2 or "Thyme" was thrown on a course for Minmus.

3bvakc.jpg

The launch was nominal, and the probe was soon in orbit.

3bvalt.jpg

Thyme then burned for Minmus, of course, in the dark.

3bvao0.jpg

A pretty picture of Thyme in the sun, cos why not.

3bvapq.jpg

3bvaqx.jpg

Thyme approaching Minmus. It can be seen inbetween the battery and the solar experiment package.

3bvat4.jpg

Thyme had a close approach worthy of Bradley Whistance, then entered an elliptical orbit.

After the shennanigans with Thyme, DNRA turned its attention to manned flights. Marquis III was launched as an attempt to send a Kerbal into orbit. It was launched in a RossBob L standard launch vehicle.

3bvb0w.jpg

3bvb1k.jpg

Unfortunately, it was unable to reach orbit. DNRA believe this was due to a  lack of Delta-V and Pilot Error.

3bvb5w.jpg

The Re-Entry was successful, and Jeb was able to land.

3bvb5a.jpg

However, DNRA were not giving up. The MQIV was going to be one of their most overbuilt missions, just to make sure that we would reach orbit.

3bvb9m.jpg

The launch was not photographed by any Kerbals due to them all hiding from the mass of the LV.

3bvbds.jpg

Luckily for DNRA, the MQIV made orbit, with one Jebediah Kerman inside.

3bvbfy.jpg

The Re-Entry was successful, and there were fireworks from the Belle stage that took the capsule to orbit.

3bvbie.jpg

And finally, the chute opened and Jeb was safe.

Later on the launch day of MQIV, a conference was held at the space centre stating that the only way DNRA could keep its prestige up, and not be called 'The Lazy Space Agency' would be to take kerbals as far as their rockets could carry them. And indeed, the MQV is already under construction as a 2-crewed KOR mun shot.

Let's hope it works!

Agencia Espacial Kanada through Day 58

bwGtcEF.png

We choose to hit the Mun, not because it is easy, but because landing on it is hard!
- - John F. Kerman, Year 01 Day 58

Spoiler

Day 58: First Mun orbit (milestone) and first Mun impact (milestone) - 

Twenty milestones, the end of the JNSQ Space Race, achieved in the latter half of Day 58!

Folks, there is a collection of graphs at the end of this video showing everyone's progress. It is not accurate! Please help make an accurate set of graphs for Part 08 by posting your milestone times here. Please edit your existing responses to include dates, or just post a simple chart saying when you completed the first, second, and so on up to the twentieth. I thought I could extract the dates out of a save file but so far I can only extract the offered date, expiration date, and accepted date.

It's been fun. I'm hoping to do a Part 08 to cap off the series, with Bob Kerman landing on Minmus and returning. After that I might try to optimize this.

Would anyone be interested in watching a live stream of the AEK's first crewed mission to Minmus this evening? Say, at 00:01 UTC / 19:00 US Central? I have Discord streaming working finally and can do something at KerbalKore's Discord server.

So we're all over the place. I suppose multiple schedules could happen, Everything's recorded for the series anyway, so we shouldn't miss anything.

In the meantime:

Agencia Espacial Kanada through Day 66:

bwGtcEF.png

We have had our failures, but so have others, even if they do not admit them. And they may be less public.
Yet the vows of this program may only be fulfilled, if we in this program are first. And therefore, we intend to be first.

- - John F. Kerman, Year 01 Day 66

Spoiler

Day 59: First crewed docking (milestone)

Day 64: First uncrewed Minmus orbit (milestone)

Day 65: First uncrewed Minmus impact (?!) (milestone) and first uncrewed Minmus landing (milestone)

Day 66: First uncrewed Mun landing (milestone), discovered first Mun anomaly (!)

I also updated the chart, but I'm still missing new data from the DNRA, Za Warudo and Photon. There was also a live stream earlier today showcasing launches of the first crewed missions to Minmus and to the Mun. The game decided I had enough today though, and crashed. We'll pick this up next weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Live Stream Tomorrow!

Haven't figured out when, but after I put Part 09 together and publish it, we'll be sending kanucks to the Mun, Apollo style, Saturn V-style. The Lindor V was my first ambitious project in the JNSQ universe, and the AEK has reached the tech level as of Day 86 to pull it off.

Since we're from all over the place, I figure I'll start the stream when five or more non-bot users appear on the Discord. Hope to see some folks there tomorrow!

Agencia Espacial Kanada through Day 78:

bwGtcEF.png

I'm gonna miss you, hoser.

No way, eh? You'll be back in a couple o' weeks.

You sure 'bout that?

Ya, I tested this design lots o' times.
You'll be back.

OK... hey hoser, why's the goal post over there now?

Spoiler

Lots of housekeeping mostly, but finally...

Day 69: Discovered first Minmus anomaly

Day 78: First crewed Mun orbit return (milestone)

This one got rather long. I wanted to finish off the remaining milestones for this part but there's just way too much to cover. We do make Milestone 30 unexpectedly, though, in the next part.

Edited by Gordon Fecyk
Emphasis edits

Agencia Espacial Kanada through Day 86:

bwGtcEF.png

See? I told ya you'd be back!

Bea-uty! So when do I head back?

Back? Um... ya mean t'land on Minmus?

Ya, eh? John F didn't send me t'Minmus jus' t'leave a lander in orbit!

Ya, about that...

Hey who's this Debsey Kerman, eh? She's a beauty.
An' good thing th'goal post is still there...

Spoiler

Day 83: Robotic return from the Mun (Milestone)

Day 84: Bob Kerman returns from Minmus orbit (Milestone)

Day 85: Robotic Rover on the Mun completed (Milestone), and launch of Debsey Kerman to land on Minmus

Day 86 Hour 11: First space station: Space Lab One (Milestone 30!)

Are we done yet? I reached Milestone 30 in 86 days. Can has crewed Mun landing now?

Dressian National Rocketry Association

385nrg.jpg

This might be a little complicated, but do we really worry about over-complicatedness?

Spoiler

3er173.jpg

MQV-A on the pad. This and MQV-B are the heaviest rockets DNRA have launched so far.

3er192.jpg

MQV-B on the pad.

3er19u.jpg

MQV-A lifting off the pad.

3er1be.jpg

MQV-B booster sep.

3er1cn.jpg

3er1d6.jpg

MQV A and B's first stage separation

3er1er.jpg

3er1ff.jpg

Both in space now. This will be DNRA's first rendezvous and docking.

3er1j1.jpg

One that was successful! It's off to the mun now!

3er1z4.jpg

On the ground, the flight controllers reminded the 'nauts of their breathing exercises as another whistance-worthy low pass occurred. With no signal. By the time they had gathered themselves enough to take a photograph,  the mun was already in the distance.

3er207.jpg

The duo reached kerbin again, the tug was separated and their service module fired retrograde.

3er24f.jpg

Toasty.

3er274.jpg

Aaand breathe. The capsule was recovered, along with the precious SCIENCE! Thus ends the mission of the MQV.

4 hours ago, The Dressian Exploder said:

This might be a little complicated, but do we really worry about over-complicatedness?

But, dates? When in your game timeline did these happen? I have one more episode to do and want to include an updated chart.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:25 AM, Pleb said:

This is a great thread, but I'm a little confused as to who is 'winning' the space race. I'm assuming it's Not Manley @Gordon Fecyk?

That's what it looks like. THAT GUY IS A MILE AHEAD! (No offense, @The Dressian Exploder, but you're kinda a close second)

Agencia Espacial Kanada through Day 109:

bwGtcEF.png

The vows of this nation, can only be fulfilled, if we in this nation are first. And therefore, we have become first.
- - John F. Kerman, Year 1 Day 109

And if @The Dressian Exploder wants to move the goal post to 40 milestones, he can go get them, himself. :P 
- - Me, 20 October 2019

Spoiler

Day 88: First crew aboard Space Lab One (Milestone)

Day 92: The launch of the Lindor V: Goose I takes Chris and Roberta Lynn Kerman to the Mun! (Sure, it took four tries...! Good thing the LES works.)

Day 94: Robotic return from Minmus (Milestone)

Day 95: Robotic Rover on Minmus completed (Milestone)

Day 96: Debsey Kerman lands on Minmus and plants the AEK's first flag on another world! Also completes some story contract shenanigans.

Day 104: Roberta returns to the Mun, and lands! Please rise for our national anthem. At Hour 11, Debsey Kerman returns from Minmus to a hero's welcome. (Milestone)

Day 109: After quickly realizing and correcting a retrograde mistake, Chris and Roberta return from the Mun! (Milestone 35!)

And that concludes the JNSQ Space Race for the Agencia Espacial Kanada. Je suis Not Manley. Voler en sécurité.

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.