Constantly getting logged out.

Geonovast

I'm getting constantly logged out of all my devices.  This started a little while back when I saw I had been logged into a Windows computer, which didn't make sense at the time (I've since realized that I had logged in while my user agent switcher addon was accidentally set to Windows), and so I logged out of that device.  I ended up getting logged out of every device, and now I'm having to constantly log back in when I start the browser.  This is happening on at least 3 different computers.

Anyone else seeing this?  The Remember Me checkbox is definitively checked when I log in, my browser is not set to clear active logins when it closes, and I'm not being signed out of anywhere else.

Forum bugs is on the wild. :P

What browse are you using on your devices (just for curiosity)?

I noticed some people using Duckduckgo lately, and this browser is a bit agressive on privacy protection. However, some sites rely on some technics to keep track of where you are logging and perhaps some of that privacy measures would be triggering something on the site's code that leads it to revoke your logged credentials to make sure nobody is trying to steal your credentials.

Are you noting some other inconsistency? I noted that URLs, locations, etc on my (and some other's) profiles are being shown as "array", and some of the TweakScale thread posts are not being shown on my Activities (not in the Threads I posted, neither on the Threads I started) besides being reachable by the Search. I'm using Safari, Chrome and Firebird on different devices, so this rule out a browser issue for me.

Edited by Lisias
some very weird grammar fixed. time to go to bed.

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

I've used Firefox exclusively for quite some time, even on my phone.

I haven't noticed anything else weird on the forum. 

Well… I changed my password on a Chrome browser, I was obviously unlogged on the Safari. Trying on my phone it had synced the password and saved me the hassle to type it on the phone;

I'm still logged since, after logging again on Safari.

Occam's razor hints me something on Firefox (had it being updated recently?) or perhaps some of the plugins (some of them were updated?).

I've pretty definitively proven that when I log in at one location, I get logged out of others. 

I was on my main desktop.  Went on my laptop for a bit, had to log in.  Browser was never closed on the desktop.  Went back to the desktop after about 90 minutes, was logged out.   Got suspicious, logged back in, then immediately grabbed my laptop.  Sure enough, I was logged out.

Hope that helps narrow things down.  I might try logging out of all devices through the forum and see if that changes anything.

On 8/18/2019 at 7:26 AM, kerbiloid said:

Don't you clean history? Maybe cookies are gone.

I've had my browser wipe everything except Active Logins and Cookies on close for oh... about a decade now.  This is recent, but I'll double check the settings on everything.  They should all be the same, since they're synced...

3 minutes ago, KerbolExplorer said:

ok i'm blind sorry

It's cool.  I was just too lazy to type it again.

What's weird is now it's only happening at home between my desktop and my laptop.  I bounced back and forth a few times last night, but when I got to work this morning I was still logged in...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.