Mod to slow down the science

captinjoehenry

8 hours ago, captinjoehenry said:

Hi are there any good modern mods for making the tech tree go by slower other than just heavily decreasing the science gain setting?  As I want to need to go to more than like a single other planet to unlock most of the community tech tree.

The community tech tree takes a lot of science to unlock already! There are 20 nodes at 1k each and more beyond that! You must be taking a tonne of science points from each planet! It might be as easy as tweaking the numbers in the CTT config? I would start there. Or turn down the science gain from contracts etc. 

Edit: Look at CommunityTechTree.cfg in the CommunityTechTree/Tree folder. Each node has a "cost = xxx" line. You can do a simple find and replace for all those nodes and increase the cost. For example find and replace "cost = 500" with "cost = 2000". 

Edited by madindehead

You can also hit alt-F12 after every mission, click on the cheats menu item, and subtract whatever science you don't want. That's more flexible than a hard setting. 

Keep in mind there isn't even a score you are keeping, much less are you competing against anyone. So if you want the challenge of a fixed barrier you must contend with, set science or money returns or both to whatever level you want. Or you can just set mission goals for yourself, and give yourself whatever money and/or science you need to complete that mission in the way you want, there are no Gods of Kerbal who will come down and smite you.

For example the game I'm playing now, I've decided that money will be no object. Designing the biggest baddest thing you can build for every flight has a challenge all its own, for example you're certain to set new highs for heaviest launches- I just did one recently that was 40,000t at takeoff. The point being that even when you remove limits on money or science, the challenge doesn't go away, it just changes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.