[1.12.x] Shangsheng Orbital v0.5 - Stockalike NewLine-1 rocket

Damon

BlpYP3d.png

Hi and welcome to this thread!

I am a big fan of the current progress LinkSpace is doing.
Their NewLine-1 rocket is paving the way for reusable launch vehicles on Chinese ground.
That's why I am inspired to make this mod.
P48y31B.png

Spoiler

8q6Y39b.png

Yjsgd1b.jpg

lGuIgDe.jpg

QTQXAso.jpg

This mod will include the following parts:

• First stage engine (has 2 engine modes)
  • Legs based on the design of NewLine-1
  • S1 fuel tank
  • S1 guidance interstage
  • S2 vac engine with 4 smaller engines that gimbal
  • S2 fuel tank
  • Payload deployer
  • Fairing half

Known issues:

• Legs clip inside the ground. Doesn't harm the rocket but looks weird. Trying to fix this.

Required mods:

Recommended mods:

Download here:

• SpaceDock

• Github releases

Massive thanks to @Nessus_, @JadeOfMaar and @neistridlar for helping me with the balance and plumes!
And a special thanks to @EmbersArc for helping me with getting the legs working (Kind of).

Any of the configs will be distributed under CC-NC-SA-4.0 License.
All Textures/models will be distributed under All Right Reserved License.
SootyShaderLoader is based on the custom shader importer by shadowmage and modified with permission by DMagic & Blowfish with custom modules and settings. All Rights Reserved License.
CKAN support is coming.

Edited by damonvv
V0.4 update

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
15 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

@damonvvhow do you fly this with enough fuel to land 

It’s a very small rocket and you can only do super tiny cube sats with it. I’m not sure if the actual rocket does an RTLS or just lands somewhere down range 

2 hours ago, damonvv said:

It’s a very small rocket and you can only do super tiny cube sats with it. I’m not sure if the actual rocket does an RTLS or just lands somewhere down range 

okay I'm trying to do water landings cause there is nothing down range of the KSC but the second stage has nearly 3000 m/s of delta v

2 hours ago, SpaceFace545 said:

okay I'm trying to do water landings cause there is nothing down range of the KSC but the second stage has nearly 3000 m/s of delta v

It is balanced for 2.5x Kerbin size

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Small correction here. I think you might wanna name this rocket as "SHI JIAN", not "JIAN SHI". "JIAN SHI  " in Chinese could be meaning "surveillance (监视) ". (Or at least it is the first combination that pops in my mind, other than 简史 Brief History、见识 Knowledges ) ," Shi Jian" in Chinese meaning “Practice (实践)” , it is also the name for the series of experimental satellites launched by China.

On 8/19/2020 at 4:11 AM, rhZhao said:

Small correction here. I think you might wanna name this rocket as "SHI JIAN", not "JIAN SHI". "JIAN SHI  " in Chinese could be meaning "surveillance (监视) ". (Or at least it is the first combination that pops in my mind, other than 简史 Brief History、见识 Knowledges ) ," Shi Jian" in Chinese meaning “Practice (实践)” , it is also the name for the series of experimental satellites launched by China.

Hi, I am the guy who help damon names this launch vehicle. It name is Arrow(箭矢). I not familiar with China official romanization system, therefore, If I spelled that wrong, help me correct that. Thx.

On 8/20/2020 at 3:49 PM, rogerwang86 said:

Hi, I am the guy who help damon names this launch vehicle. It name is Arrow(箭矢). I not familiar with China official romanization system, therefore, If I spelled that wrong, help me correct that. Thx.

Then it is correct!

Just found it a very strange world as a Chinese native, I never use this combination in my 26 years of lifetime (Pardon my pool vocabulary.). It makes sense right away after you giving me the Chinese name, feels like it got picked from some ancient Kung Fu fiction. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Version 0.4 is up!
- Updated to KSP 1.11
- Added Modular Launch Pad clamp craft file

I have noticed people are using this mod in various other games without my permission. I Strongly suggest that if you find this mod somewhere else, please report it to me so I can handle it further.
I do not like seeing these kind of activities and it is very disrespectful to a mod author.

Happy landings!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.