Proper mod loader?

Does anybody know if something like this exists? 

I'm aware of software that'll let you manage multiple gamedata folders but I'm looking for a cleaner, perhaps less intensive method.

I've browsed through ksp api but couldn't find anything that would make this possible, but, i still think it could be implemented pretty easily.

I'm assuming KSP uses a for or another form of loop that iterates each entry in the gamedata folder, my idea is then to write a basic interface where you can (de)select the mods you want to load, have this saved in a small file, then have a plug in read that file, tag the maps as indicated, and have that plug in modify the afore mentioned for loop and make it skip the tagged entries.

I have very limited experience with c# (i've studied it for about 10-15 hours in my free time) and even less experience modding games, so I'm really asking here if it's even feasible in the first place?

Thank you!

Edit: 

I'd probably need acces to source code which I don't see happening and I think I posted this in the wrong section, if a mod can (re)move this topic or tell me how to remove it that would be much appreciated! (Only have the option to edit this one on my phone).

Edited by Cruss

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.