Why not an interface for creating our own mods ?

The thing is that what you can do with mission builder is limited to what you can do in game.

Mods are only limited by your imagination, and I doubt any visual editor can cover all things you could possibly think of. It's the same situation with frequently suggested planet editor. Even that is way too complex to make it easy to do. And, obviously, this won't create much money, I'm sure it would create a loss.

It has a C# API for plugins, and (Blender or Wings3d) + Unity for modelling.

Both Visual Studio and SharpDevelop can compile its C# code  when you include several KSP files in the project assembly.
Of course, you need to download PartTools library from this forum for Unity project.

ModuleManager mod allows to define/redefine various aspects of the parts.

Edited by kerbiloid

19 hours ago, Optik said:

it's very difficult to create our own KSP mods

Difficulty is extremely variable, depending on what said mods are intended to do. It's certainly not too difficult, as the plethora of high-quality mods available demonstrates.

19 hours ago, Optik said:

Kind of like the mission editor of making history

It would be nothing at all like the mission builder, and orders of magnitude more work.
A modding interface would have to include a C# compiler and graphical IDE, a 3D modelling program, and a bunch of Unity glue... You would still have to learn C# and 3D modelling to use it.
Dumbing it down to the drag-and-drop graphical lego level of the mission editor would make it totally useless for 99% of the things mods do.

We already have VS/Monodevelop, Blender, and the Unity dev tools. If you want to make mods, just use those.

16 hours ago, Incarnation of Chaos said:

Does KSP not have a SDK or something similar?

A full SDK, no, and you don't need one. KSP exposes APIs for modding, and everything else is the same tools every other Unity game uses.

On 8/18/2019 at 3:45 AM, steve_v said:

A full SDK, no, and you don't need one. KSP exposes APIs for modding, and everything else is the same tools every other Unity game uses.

I knew the latter; but i figured it was still worth asking anyway. There's so many scatttered tools and documentation i guess i was hoping it had been put into a nice package or something.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.